Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cairo dock

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Red face cairo dock

how can i install the cairo dock,i tried using synaptic....but it is not there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: cairo dock

Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldjha View Post
    how can i install the cairo dock,i tried using synaptic....but it is not there.
    Hi and this link should help
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CairoDock

Beans

To download this dock, visit this site and download “cairo-dock_v1.5.6_i686.deb” and “cairo-dock-plug-ins_v1.5.6_i686.deb“.

First install the dock, then the plugin package.

Install them by double-clicking the file.

You’ll need to enter your password. Then press the big button on the top right.

After you installed both packages, go to “applications -> system tools -> cairo-dock”.

You’ll be greeted by a little wizard that will help you select the theme, …

You can easily change it’s option by right-click the dock, go to “cairo-dock” and press “configure’ or “manage themes”.

To start the dock when you boot up your pc, go to “system -> preferences -> sessions”, press “add” and in the middle field enter “cairo-dock” (without the ” “). You can make up what you put in the other fields.

(taken from my customizing Ubuntu guide)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by billgoldberg View Post
    (taken from my customizing Ubuntu guide)
    Thats right I forgot and is in the FAQ's in my signature.

Beans

Take a look at this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=535383.

AWN is better supported and easier to install/configure. But it's not necessarily the better window navigator. You should decide which dock will suit you better.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Unhappy Re: cairo dock

i installed the cairo dock and its plugins,but when i launch it,it causes my system to crash....gradually all processes start slowing down,and finally the system becomes inresponsive....and i have to restart uncleanly.i like the cairo dock and dont want to part from it........how do i fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Exclamation cairo dock

i installed the cairo dock and its plugins,but when i launch it,it causes my system to crash....gradually all processes start slowing down,and finally the system becomes inresponsive....and i have to restart uncleanly.i like the cairo dock and dont want to part from it........how do i fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Run 'cairo-dock' on terminal, then run 'top' on another window to check if it's really eating up your ram. btw, what's your ram and your graphics card?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i have the following specs
    core2duo 2Ghz
    2 GB RAM
    an nvidia geforce 6200 card(VRAM 256 MB)
    i think the configuration is good enough for the purpose.i also have xp installed in dualboot.rocket dock does very well in xp,and i have the skin of mac OS dock in it,it never lets me down.....so what's the matter with cairo in ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Exclamation messy cairo dock

i installed the cairo dock and its plugins,but when i launch it,it causes my system to crash.... the system becomes inresponsive....and i have to restart uncleanly.i like the cairo dock and dont want to part from it........how do i fix this?
    i have the following specs
    core2duo 2Ghz
    2 GB RAM
    an nvidia geforce 6200 card(VRAM 256 MB)
    i think the configuration is good enough for the purpose.i also have xp installed in dualboot.rocket dock does very well in xp,and i have the skin of mac OS dock in it,it never lets me down.....so what's the matter with cairo in ubuntu?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast