Thread: Viewing Windows partition 8.04

Beans

Viewing Windows partition 8.04

I just installed Linux for the first time, so take it easy on me. I installed inside Windows onto C: (C being the only partition on the hard drive) and now I just want to be able to access C: and take a look at my Windows folders, mainly so I can browse around in there and delete a few trojans. Is this possible? How?

EDIT: If I boot from the LiveCD can I see my C Drive then? This is all so confusing for a beginner like me.
    Last edited by bholliday72; July 25th, 2008 at 06:26 PM.

Beans

Re: Viewing Windows partition 8.04

bump help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Viewing Windows partition 8.04

Hi,

Since you're looking to read and write stuff from a hardy install then go to the add/remove icon in applications and search for NTFS Configuration Tool. It will download and install the program.

After that, go to Applications > System Tools > NTFS Configuration Tool and mount your windows disk to (preferably) /media/windows/, after that when you click next, be sure to check the box marked "enable write support" or something.

Then you can browse your C: drive and also write to it but BE CAREFUL! you could seriously harm windows if you mess with the wrong things.

Hope you can clean your windows of trojans,

Lordadi.
    Time is short, and life is crazy. Make the best of both.
    Mark as [SOLVED] so we know where to look for resolutions