Thread: Trackpad sensitivity, way too low

Beans

Trackpad sensitivity, way too low

I've got a Dell Precision M65 with both the track point and the track pad, and I've tried a few different fixes (although it's been awhile, can't remember what I did) to get the track pad sensitivity up. All of them just made the track point more sensitive. As it stands, I have to drag across the track pad four or five times to get across the screen. Ideally, I would like to disable the trackpoint, and make the track pad more sensitive. Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Trackpad sensitivity, way too low

I tried installing the Synaptics touchpad preferences panel, but that didn't do it... no luck so far. Any help?

Beans

I'm using a Compaq Evo610c, and I have the opposite problem; my trackpad is way too sensitive. When I pick up my finger, sometimes the pointer jumps randomly, up to 1/2 inch away from where I want it to be. And sometimes, if I just hold my finger still on the trackpad, I can see the pointer jittering. The speed is fine, and I can adjust it w/the included Mouse preferences, but the sensitivity control does nothing. The trackpad functions much more smoothly in *******. Any way to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Try installing gpointing-device-settings, and using that to adjust the sensitivity.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by treesurf View Post
    Try installing gpointing-device-settings, and using that to adjust the sensitivity.
    That's what I have, as opposed to gsynaptics. Is there another way to adjust my trackpad settings?

Beans

Well, the problem seems to have kind of fixed its self. While playing w/CompizConfig Settings Manager, I was mysteriously logged out and left w/out mouse or keyboard control. After a hard reboot, trackpad sensitivity seems closer to where I'd like it to be. Not exactly how I like problems to get solved, but at least I'm at a tolerable level of usability.