Thread: need working flash sound

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

need working flash sound

I am having the same huge issue with flash in firefox as many others, that is, in youtube videos and such there is no sound and they only play back for 2 seconds. Other flash websites will not work at all (some of with i use daily). This problem goes away for a few minutes after I reboot my computer (restarting X does not work).

I have tried many of the work-arounds in the forums and on other sites and I still haven't had any success. I even installed flash 10, and thought it was working but now I get the same problem.

I am using Hardy 64 bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: need working flash sound

Quote Originally Posted by jessika-kaos View Post
    I am having the same huge issue with flash in firefox as many others, that is, in youtube videos and such there is no sound and they only play back for 2 seconds. Other flash websites will not work at all (some of with i use daily). This problem goes away for a few minutes after I reboot my computer (restarting X does not work).

I have tried many of the work-arounds in the forums and on other sites and I still haven't had any success. I even installed flash 10, and thought it was working but now I get the same problem.

I am using Hardy 64 bit.
    I suppose you've seen this, but in case you haven't: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

Follow parts A and B.

Also, did you by chance upgrade flashplugin-nonfree? The update from the Hardy repositories installs Flash 9, so make sure you still have Flash 10 installed.

Beans

I had that problem today and what fixed it for me was to install "libflashsupport" via synaptic.

Did you try that?

Beans

worked for me on FF 3.01 MInt

darco
    Reason: no beans