Page 6 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: You know you're a geek when........

i heard this one a long time ago, i mightr been mentioned hee
    Your a geek when insted of looking outside the window to see the weather you go and find a weather forcast on google

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

So everytime im working on some sort of text document or anything I always hit control-s to save it every two minutes. Sometimes when Im writing something on paper I have this weird feeling that I have to hit control-s...but it isnt there.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

When you visit Slashdot on a regular bases , worst even when you refer to it as /. .

When you talk with your friends about girls , and say things like " i would love to apt-get her".

When you think you are the last sane people in the earth .

When you can recitate in a minute at least ten reazons why to hate Bill Gates.

When you idol is Richard Stallman .
    There is only one god, and Ubuntu is its prophet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by Wallakoala
    So everytime im working on some sort of text document or anything I always hit control-s to save it every two minutes. Sometimes when Im writing something on paper I have this weird feeling that I have to hit control-s...but it isnt there.
    ow yeah i have a similar problem when im trying to find something in a book i always think of pushing ctrl+f and just finding it fast

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

You sleep in the kitchen, cause your computer is too noisy but you dont turn it off, cause it will **** your uptime
    Code:
    sapo@ubuntu:~$ uptime
     18:25:57 up 21 days, 19:34,  2 users,  load average: 1.70, 1.09, 0.86
    You cant sleep when you know that your bittorrent queue is gonna end in the middle of the night, you have to fill the queue up before going to bed.

You postprone your work, but you dont close your bittorrent when it is at full speed.

You work 9 hours in a computer, and when you arrive at home, you first turn on you monitor and open your firefox, before getting something to drink or eat.

You arrive late from a party, you are drunk as a pig, but you need to check your bittorrent queue before going to bed.

And of course i do it all

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sapo
    You cant sleep when you know that your bittorrent queue is gonna end in the middle of the night, you have to fill the queue up before going to bed.
    That one is funny.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

How about the...

You know all about the dangers of playing eve-online when drunk, yet the first thing you do when you get in from a night out is fire it up login, and proceed to go on a random joyride through 0.0 in your most expensive kitted out ship, oh sure!!! you laugh at the pretty explosions and weapon effects now, but come morning when your head is exploding due to the vodka intake, and you want nothing but to just log on and do some harmless mining... when you find out your 67 jumps into hostile territory and in a pod it suddenly doesnt seem so funny anymore

The lol and roflmao one is true for me, i've done that several times now

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Enter
    ow yeah i have a similar problem when im trying to find something in a book i always think of pushing ctrl+f and just finding it fast
    I have the same problem... I hate searching for a word or phrase in a book or paper, and I wish I could just do "control+f" and type in the word xD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
    when someone yells at you you yell "sudo init 0" back to them

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

What about when try register at newegg for your wedding gifts!!

Page 6 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast