Page 501 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans

Re: You know you're a geek when........

...when you work out that your body's energy could sustain the UK for approximately 2.7 years
    Last.fm | Linux User#449102 | Ubuntu User#15213
    NEVER type a command you don't understand eg. sudo rm -rf / or something similar
    Learn about them here or here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by scragar View Post
    YKYAGW You post in this thread.
    I warned you... *whips out titanium baseball bat named Otis* THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK

You're a masochist, you know that?

I hereby declare myself the official LARTer of offenders in the category of "Posting the same frelling thing that everyone else has." *waves Otis* Any objections? Didn't think so.

*polishes Otis, wanders off*
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by darth_indy View Post
    I warned you... *whips out titanium baseball bat named Otis* THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK

You're a masochist, you know that?

I hereby declare myself the official LARTer of offenders in the category of "Posting the same frelling thing that everyone else has." *waves Otis* Any objections? Didn't think so.

*polishes Otis, wanders off*
    ...when you post in this thread.

Talsemgeest banned for cheating for the milestone.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ykyagw you don't get the warranties for desktop machines because a) Some warranties are voided by installing a different OS, and b) Because you can fix a desktop machine yourself anyway.
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    ...when you post in this thread.

Talsemgeest banned for cheating for the milestone.
    Otis will be coming to visit you and Talsemgeest shortly... Please hold, your LARTing is important to us...

THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK THWACK

I think that's enough...

P.S. YKYAGW you know where Otis originally came from... anyone that can answer that right gets a "Get out of LART free" card.
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Kopachris View Post
    Ykyagw you don't get the warranties for desktop machines because a) Some warranties are voided by installing a different OS, and b) Because you can fix a desktop machine yourself anyway.
    If you get a warranty on a desktop, you are not a geek. Real geeks build their desktop and get warranties on the parts.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Arrow Re: You know you're a geek when........

you know your a big time geek when you actually enjoy watching the text as you try to install from source(successfully...) [spellcheck]...lol as i did installing ardour with VST support..........(took me a full day to do this) the terminal is a lethal weapon in the wrong hands...ie my hands...lol...
    using.... ACER ASPIRE ONE and ACER ASPIRE 5332
    running.... Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by talsemgeest View Post
    If you get a warranty on a desktop, you are not a geek. Real geeks build their desktop and get warranties on the parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    you don't get the warranties
    Yes, building it yourself is geekier (and is my preferred choice), but maybe you'll want to get a brand-name computer (such as an Alienware) that you can't just get the parts for. (In Alienware's case, it would be the case.) Or you might want to get it as a base system that you can upgrade later. Again, building a computer myself is my preferred choice of action both because it's cheaper and because it's more fulfilling, but that would probably also be cliched enough to get me a LARTing from darth_indy, like the one you got.
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You know you're a geek when you need to post in this thread just to belong.
    hmmmmmm.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by talsemgeest View Post
    ... and even those get violated!

Page 501 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast