Page 1006 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 6506906956996100410051006
Results 10,051 to 10,053 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: You know you're a geek when........

You take a screenshot of you winning said forum game on your first run...

forum games.jpg

...notice the line of 'jetsam' all the way down the right hand side of the screen until the last two locked and nonaccessible threads.

5 points for Gryffendor!

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool Re: You know you're a geek when........

You get caught writing code on the Bathroom Mirror. You end your conversations with 'What Linux Distro are you using ?' Every time you walk into Walmart you look at the check out line and say - That is all powered by Linux did you know that ? . You get a upset stomach when some one talks about Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: You know you're a geek when........

I don't wget it ?

actually you know someone properly is a sound engineer if he always spells "sure " as "shure" . a programmer when he counts from zero instead of 1 and I suspect there is a lot of "geeks " in different areas of interest. and off course there are ways to spot a geek (or at least what you think might be a geek ) .

how do you know if you are geek ? well when I was a kid in grade 1. everyone that wanted to read books in the library instead of whatever the others did in the breaks was considered a geek and I was told I was a geek.

but how do I know that it was true ?

I don't'.

I claim I was not. the others was wrong about me.

I was never good at math. I was good at reading and making up my own mind about things(because I could read and educate myself. ) I never where in contact with computers or other "geeky" stuff because my family did not have money to buy into those modern and expensive things. as a kid I wanted to be outside shooting a pellet gun or start fires in the back yard or whatever.

I did not have a computer or care about one in that age. shooting pellet guns is much more fun

in fact what I was is really just a outsider. I still am today.

I would say to know you a geek is if other geeks consider you a geek and you feel at home with geeks. same as with all other subcultures people with same mindsets tend to get together and feel at home

and now I could off course try to convince all of you that I am a "beer geek " and the sixc pack I just had is due to my geeky interest while it is fact because I just an alcoholic. but I do like whisky and keep a journal of the best whiskys I ever had

what I am trying to say is that when I grew up "geek " was not a good label. in fact you could get beat up for being a geek. so I guess if you get beat up every day you might be a geek.

Page 1006 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 6506906956996100410051006