Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody used the iPhone 3G with Ubuntu yet?

Beans

Re: Has anybody used the iPhone 3G with Ubuntu yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kosumi68 View Post
    Scanning through the bug reports of amarok
    hi, what bug are you referring to?
    I cant find any when searching for "iphone"

Beans

The keywords are libgpod, which is the library responsible for ipod/iphone support, and 3G. Apparently people are working on reverse-engineering the new hashing scheme for iTunesDB introduced in the 2.0 firmware.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I sync my calendar over the air using Nuevasync with google calendar and evolution uses this calendar too, so I got that part working Now only the music...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by UbuWu View Post
    I sync my calendar over the air using Nuevasync with google calendar and evolution uses this calendar too, so I got that part working Now only the music...
    Thanks for the tip. i just got this working on my phone. so i have contacts syncing with funambol+scheduleworld and now calendar syncing with nuevasync+google.

i'm also using easytask manager, which is okay-not-great, but it syncs to their servers online. i'm not controlling my data, but at least there's more than one copy of it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by kosumi68 View Post
    The keywords are libgpod, which is the library responsible for ipod/iphone support, and 3G. Apparently people are working on reverse-engineering the new hashing scheme for iTunesDB introduced in the 2.0 firmware.
    Thanks for the tip. On previous occasions (v1.1.4 or so), some other hacking took place with information on the iTunesDB:

http://ipodminusitunes.blogspot.com/

This message indicates that they have not yet figured out how to hack the iTunesDB.

So, I think for now Rhythmbox in combination with iphone v2.0.x will not work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey guys, just trying to confirm - has anyone that has used the vmware player used xp sp3? I read somewhere that sp3 doesn't play nice when you try and sync the iPhone 3g, and frankly, i've been on sp3 for ages... plus, i haven't been able to find the post that said that in the first place.

what do you guys think? can i do firmware updates through vmware? or does that make the ship sink to the bottom of the atlantic? also, can i boot up windows xp if i really need to after using vmware player?

(sorry, i meant that i would like to convert a current partition of xp to be able to load in linux as a vm, but also be able to boot to xp native if i have to...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm trying to figure out the exact same thing as Mic_Droz. I've come to terms with (reluctantly) having to install Windows on VMVare, but I have to know if I'll be able to transfer music to my iphone doing this. Anyone...?

Beans

This is the only thing that is stopping me switch from Mac OS X to Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_Droz View Post
    Hey guys, just trying to confirm - has anyone that has used the vmware player used xp sp3? I read somewhere that sp3 doesn't play nice when you try and sync the iPhone 3g, and frankly, i've been on sp3 for ages... plus, i haven't been able to find the post that said that in the first place.

what do you guys think? can i do firmware updates through vmware? or does that make the ship sink to the bottom of the atlantic? also, can i boot up windows xp if i really need to after using vmware player?

(sorry, i meant that i would like to convert a current partition of xp to be able to load in linux as a vm, but also be able to boot to xp native if i have to...)
    I have been using the iPhone and a VMWare XP machine (with SP3) for a little while now, and the connection seems to work just fine for me. I have not tried to update the firmware with this configuration, though, because I heard that it can be problematic. I think the approach to have some native XP/Mac around to update the firmware is probably the way to go.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I have been using sp3 on vmware to sync for a week now. I however was unable to jailbreak using vmware. I think I read somewhere that it has to do with the USB resetting. I'll see if I can find a ref. I have a 16 gb 3g running 2.0.3.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast