Thread: Scraped Windows XP offa my HDD at last... and I feel GOOD!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Scraped Windows XP offa my HDD at last... and I feel GOOD!!

For a long time I've been running a dual-boot machine, Ubuntu and XP. But the only OS I've used for some time is Ubuntu. I haven't booted into XP since I installed Gutsy, back when it first came out. I've just been using the Windoze partition as storage for mp3s and stuff.

So, last night I installed Hardy on my box. And, since I haven't felt the need to use XP in months, I decided to scrape that crud offa my HDD.

Yep, there'll be no more dual-booting Microsoft rubbish any more!! My computer is a single-OS machine now... Ubuntu ain't sharing the box with anyone now... and I feel liberated! I cut the apron-strings and freed myself from the tyranny that is Windoze!!

*sings* I feel good... like I knew that I would... I feel good... Yeahhh!!!
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4
    blog photoblog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Scraped Windows XP offa my HDD at last... and I feel GOOD!!

I know what that feels like and it's good. Very good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It is a sweet victory.

I haven't had native Windows installed on this laptop since November. However, I'm still dependent on a Windows license. One of my needed programs, SQL Server Management Studio Express, does not run in wine, so I am forced to run it in a Windows install in VirtualBox.
    Acer Aspire 5050-5554 w/ 4GB RAM upgrade. Ubuntu Aug 07 - Dec 08; Arch Linux Dec 08 - July 2011; Ubuntu again since July 2011.
    "Triclops": Home-built AMD Athlon II X2 250, 4GB RAM, Radeon 6570, 500GB HDD. Ubuntu/Windows-XP duo since Jun 2010.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I understand that great feeling. I had that feeling till two months after I purchased my new PC.
    But sadly I had install XP just to run PES, CoD 4.(No it didnt work in WINE, it had more to ATI fault rather than WINE's)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Yea it feels good !!

like when i finally got rid of my ACNE
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI