Thread: 2wire homeportal problem

Beans

2wire homeportal problem

I am using a 2wire home portal 1000hw and I can not get my belkin usb adapter to work i have umbuntu running live to test it and it makes adapter work and finds my network but when i select it it asks for the key, so put it in and it says my network is asking for a passphrase and it also knocks out my router how do i get conected so i can be on the net?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: 2wire homeportal problem

Quote Originally Posted by joshfantoo View Post
    I am using a 2wire home portal 1000hw and I can not get my belkin usb adapter to work i have umbuntu running live to test it and it makes adapter work and finds my network but when i select it it asks for the key, so put it in and it says my network is asking for a passphrase and it also knocks out my router how do i get conected so i can be on the net?
    The default encryption key on 2wire devices are Hex keys. It is one of the options in network manger. Click the drop down box and you will see an option when it prompts you for the key

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

By default the passpharse for 2wire is already set and should be posted on the side of the 2wire modem I think about 10 digits wep
    (Registers Ubuntu user # 11194) (Registered Linux user # 437117)

I got no Quarrel or Quam, even though the demon tries to instigate, I fly Like A Dove

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

By default the passpharse for 2wire is already set and should be posted on the side of the 2wire modem I think about 10 digits wep

I got no Quarrel or Quam, even though the demon tries to instigate, I fly Like A Dove

Beans

thanks for the info i will try that and see if it works, only thing is i selected the Hex wep and put in the 10dig 64bit incription key and it serched and said passphrase, is that the 10 dig key again? any way i will work on it and see what happens

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

the router key is on the bottom [in here] right under the barcode. and it is a hex.

If you are using Hardy make sure you are hardwired, i havn't had any luck with the wireless settings since Gutsy.
    "A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."- Thomas Jefferson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

sorry for the dual post was using my blackberry at the time, but i connected right away with a macsense usb adapter and a 2wire modem/router combo on hardy, btw i do recommend the 128bit encryption which you can change on the 2wire by typing in firefox http://gateway.2wire.net