Thread: Making multiple desktops more convenient?

Beans

Making multiple desktops more convenient?

I used to use linux quite a few years ago, and I remember I had my WM set up to do two things, and I can't remember how to do them anymore.

The first thing was a buffer of one pixel on the left and right sides of the screen, so when windows were maximized, I could move the mouse to whichever side was closer and use the mousewheel to switch desktops. Another thing I'd like to get set up is when dragging a window, I want to be able to move it to another desktop with the mousewheel.

I think I was using a *box WM, probably Openbox, but can I set them up in Gnome/Metacity?

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Making multiple desktops more convenient?

The first can be done with most desktop layouts using compiz/fusion. I believe it should work with either the cube, desktop plane, or desktop wall. I don't know how to set up your second request however.
    The cake is a lie!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Making multiple desktops more convenient?

Hii I get what u r saying please try getting advanced desktop effect settings it will help.i am sure it is under your add/remove programs but choose all applications instead of suppoted only.it will all be there.if any problem is experienced just mail me here.