Thread: use Wiimote as audio device?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question use Wiimote as audio device?

So I got a wiimote and I'm currently using cwiid to control my mouse. It's awesome. But I want more, there is also a speaker and rumble on the wiimote and I was wondering if there was anything that could do more then cwiid. For example, use the speaker as another speaker for my computer(I've heard the speaker is bad but It would be kind of cool). I was also wondering if I could use the lights in cwiid or something else.
    "Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together"8)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Re: use Wiimote as audio device?

could someone moe this thread to multimedia and video please, I wasn't thinking when I added this.
    "Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together"8)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: use Wiimote as audio device?

I haven't come across anything personally to get communication through the speaker, but for extending the capabilities of the wiimote, check out this PureData external: http://mikewoz.com/index.php?page=pd-stuff
    I did a project with it where synthesis was controlled by the pitch of the controller, filters were controlled by the roll, and amplitude was controlled by the yaw; I also had various buttons mapped to trigger (via MIDI sent to QSynth) playback of sounfonts.
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: use Wiimote as audio device?

Thanks for that link, I'll look into that.