Thread: Having trouble with Wifi on iMac(C2D)

Hybrid View

Beans

Cool Having trouble with Wifi on iMac(C2D)

Well I had followed a guide in which I cannot find right now on how to set up the Wifi on my iMac. Basically it ran ndiswrapper with a driver and my card could be detected. I connected to my network using something I cannot think of for some reason and I was up no problem. Then I think I attempted to give myself a Static IP but I'm pretty sure I filled in the wrong info and ever since then (everything erased and all) I cannot connect to web pages. Just web pages... In Mozilla I can connect to my router and I can download stuff off of Adept-Manager... I find that odd really, but I don't know much. I was surprised I installed everything on the right partition manually lol

Anyways, if someone can give me a solution for that, can someone also tell me how I can set ndiswrapper to start up as I log in because it's kind of annoying to go into terminal and launch it every time(sudo modprobe ndiswrapper I think?)...

I hope that all makes sense somewhat. Please ask if you don't understand something, I wanna get this fixed like today (away fro the next week)

Beans

Re: Having trouble with Wifi on iMac(C2D)

Quote Originally Posted by vinny13 View Post
    Well I had followed a guide in which I cannot find right now on how to set up the Wifi on my iMac. Basically it ran ndiswrapper with a driver and my card could be detected. I connected to my network using something I cannot think of for some reason and I was up no problem. Then I think I attempted to give myself a Static IP but I'm pretty sure I filled in the wrong info and ever since then (everything erased and all) I cannot connect to web pages. Just web pages... In Mozilla I can connect to my router and I can download stuff off of Adept-Manager... I find that odd really, but I don't know much. I was surprised I installed everything on the right partition manually lol

Anyways, if someone can give me a solution for that, can someone also tell me how I can set ndiswrapper to start up as I log in because it's kind of annoying to go into terminal and launch it every time(sudo modprobe ndiswrapper I think?)...

I hope that all makes sense somewhat. Please ask if you don't understand something, I wanna get this fixed like today (away fro the next week)
    I do not know how to fix your webpage problem, but starting ndiswrapper on startup you can do the following int terminal:
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/modules
    gedit will appear with a small document. Simply add
    Code:
    ndiswrapper
    as a new line at the bottom and save it.
    "If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" -Albert Einstein.