Thread: How the tides turn..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

How the tides turn..

As I am sure many of you are familiar with the situation, I am a gamer ( not "hardcore" but I do enjoy it ) which basically makes Windows a necessity. I'm also fairly lazy so, despite the fact that my system is dual-boot, I'd spend most of my time in Windows because I couldn't be bothered to reboot all the time.

Until recently..

Now I am beta testing 2 games from Linux Game Publishing and, on top of that, writing my own game.. all in Linux. So now I spend most of my time in Linux ( I haven't even fixed GRUB's configuration to boot Windows properly ). And you know what..?

I'm loving it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How the tides turn..

good to hear.
    You just brightened my day a little.
    blog ~~~ last.fm ~~~ twitter ~~~ digg
    Just so you know, everywhere else on the internet, I am known as mynameistux
    Its just a bunch of 1's and 0's.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: How the tides turn..

I had made the switch before the summer shutdown so for an entire 3 weeks, I had used Ubuntu absolutely completely exclusively.

Then I returned to my work computer ( Windows XP ) .... my eyes!!

Everything looked grotesque. Even at the TFT's native resolution ( 17" @ 1280x1024 ) everything looked huge and pixelated! The colour scheme looked like someone closed their eyes and picked colours at random.

I never knew it looked so bad until I hadn't seen it for a while..

I still haven't had any withdrawal symptoms. Even when these game beta's are over.. Ubuntu will probably still hold the highest percentage of runtime of my PC by a long shot