Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing LeJOS 0.6 for MindStorms on 8.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Installing LeJOS 0.6 for MindStorms on 8.04

Dev team! Please fix the bluetooth problem QUICKLY (as in within the next three days!) I have a research project that DEPENDS on bluetooth in order to work properly! This is a BIG hassle because I cannot test my program while this problem persists. PLEASE FIX THE BLUETOOTH QUICKLY!!!
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Have you solved your Bluetooth problem yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Kind of. I need a dongle with [at least] 4 ports to work. I have only gotten a 1-port dongle to work I got the 1-port dongle working by installing blueman's repo and basically updating to the bleeding edge version of bluez. I still can't believe the devs still haven't fixed it! I mean, lots, and I mean LOTS, need bluetooth. It's not like only a few people need it. For some people (like me), bluetooth is the only way to communicate with their phone, which means that I can't run my NXT project and transfer stuff to my phone at the same time. To be honest, I'm surprised that even one dongle is working. Still, the devs need to be a little more responsive. Devs, why did you do this?

Beans

We're trying to run LejOS-0.7 on 8.04 and when we try running nxj we get the error:
    Code:
    $  nxj -r Tune
    leJOS NXJ> Linking...
    leJOS NXJ> Uploading...
    leJOS NXJ> Cannot load USB driver
    We tried nxjbrowse --usb as well:
    Code:
    $ nxjbrowse --usb
    Error: Cannot load a comm driver
    We have both libusb and libusb-dev installed:
    Code:
    $ aptitude search libusb
    i   libusb-0.1-4                    - userspace USB programming library         
    i   libusb-dev                      - userspace USB programming library developm
    We've tried running as root and non-root with no effect. We've tried chmod'ing the correct devices under /dev/bus/usb/* with no effect.

We are lost

Any ideas what the problem might be or how we could test it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@kamazu: I have no clue what the heck is going on. All I can suggest is that you try removing libusb and libusb-dev and reinstall. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do.

By the way, DO NOT UPGRADE TO INTREPID!!!!!!!!! I upgraded and couldn't get the bluetooth working. So for now, I've downgraded (upgraded?) to Hardy.

[Update] You can now install jaunty. Bluetooth now works in Jaunty.
    Last edited by chaanakya_chiraag; July 17th, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hello everybody! I had a lot of trouble getting BTSend to run, but I just did, and I wanted let ya'll know what happened.

I just copied all those CLASSPATH lines in my .profile to my root user's .profile, then compile and run as root.

HOW TO DO THAT:

Open a terminal and type the following command to look at your .profile:

Code:
    gedit ~/.profile
    Open a new terminal and switch to root user:

Code:
    sudo su
    Then open the root user's .profile:

Code:
    gedit .profile
    Then just copy all those lines from the first .profile that you opened to the second .profile that you opened.

In the second terminal, type

Code:
    exit
    to leave root.

Now cd to the directory with BTSend in it, switch to root (using sudo su), compile (with javac) and run (java BTSend [NXT-name])

EDIT: I just found that this only works if I first cd to the directory with BTSend, then type "sudo su", then type ". ~/.profile" in the terminal right before trying to compile and run. That second command forces the terminal to reread it's .profile. I have no idea why I have to keep giving that command every time, right before compilation and running.
    Last edited by Ludachrispeed; February 27th, 2010 at 09:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12