Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you hate windows so badly, why do you use it through a VM?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question If you hate windows so badly, why do you use it through a VM?

Well, well, well...

I've heard you bashing Winnose a lot, boy. I know that you (and you know that me too) have deeply fell in love with computers after we found out there's something more than M@c and Winnose...And free!! But what I'm still struggling to understand, boy, is why, after ditching off your HDD your Winnose partition and put Ubuntu on it because you told me you were angry with ¨MicroCrap and ol' Greedy Billy boy¨ as you said, after that you installed Virtu4lb0x and loaded it with your copy of ¨ MicroCrap
    X P ¨ !!

Geez, man, I don't understand you! Why? Why!? WHY!? Why should anyone keep bashing what one still use!?
    Last edited by VitaLiNux; July 9th, 2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Fixing

Linux User #469180

Beans

Re: If you hate windows so badly, why do you use it through a VM?

Many people have software they need to use, but isn't available for Linux and doesn't work well or at all in Wine.

I don't use Windows in a WM.

Beans

The reason I bash Winnose is because I want a bloody one. I sometimes bash it against a wall, or my desk. Filing cabinets even

All in all, I don't really bash Windows on this forum at all, I do use it in parallels for Powertab and Guitar Pro, as well as Rosetta Stone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Who exactly is the OP talking to?
    How does he/she know that it's a boy and not a girl or a borg?
    2010 IBM Thinkpad 510, 4GB RAM, i5-540M, NVS 3100M

Running Ubuntu 11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

here's the deal, windows sucks, but some programs written for it and not linux don't. therefore, it is a necessary evil to run windows in order to get at the programs we apparently can't live without. its not that these programs CAN'T be written for linux, they just aren't.

Beans

Can you really not understand why people still use XP in VM's or did you just want an excuse to say 'boy' a lot?

I'll try to give you a simple example. Let's assume I hate the Mall. Lets also assume there is a specific task I must do that can only be carried out at the Mall. The end result is I need to visit the Mall, which I openly hate.

Hopefully you won't have too much trouble applying the above analogy to the question posed in your initial post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have XP on a virtual machine for my friends that sometimes use my computer. Since I already paid the windows tax someone may as well get my moneys worth.

However lots of people still have to do things they don't like because there are no real alternatives. If you have to use a program that only works on windows then you have to use windows. If you have to have a job you might have to work with a boss you hate. etc etc etc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

At Home: 1 program... Microsoft Money. There just isn't anything close to as good under Linux.

At Work: LOB apps. MAS doesn't install under WINE and Sharepoint just doesn't act the same under FF.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by TwiceOver View Post
    At Home: 1 program... Microsoft Money. There just isn't anything close to as good under Linux.

At Work: LOB apps. MAS doesn't install under WINE and Sharepoint just doesn't act the same under FF.
    These are great products:
    kmymoney
    gnucash
    grisbi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Arrow Re: If you hate windows so badly, why do you use it through a VM?

Quote Originally Posted by zmjjmz View Post
    Who exactly is the OP talking to?
    How does he/she know that it's a boy and not a girl or a borg?
    What inspired me to open this thread is a friend of mine Who uses both Ubuntu and W*nd*ws who keeps saying that W*nd*ws is crap. And I know there are many people out there with the same attitude. And it's a ¨he¨, not a ¨she¨...

Linux User #469180

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast