Thread: [SOLVED] Backup / Bootable ISO

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

[SOLVED] Backup / Bootable ISO

Hey Group! I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that will backup a system FULLY and create a bootable ISO to CD or DVD. By fully, I mean, once I get all the packages I want installed, security updates installed, all configurations, tweaks, files, etc... I want to be able to make an image (similiar to Norton Ghost) in the event I need to re-install.

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Backup / Bootable ISO

I would recommend using something like the sysrescuecd, http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page , partimage is a ghost alike tool.
    Software you want - www.getdeb.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Backup / Bootable ISO

Quote Originally Posted by mdsharp24 View Post
    Hey Group! I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that will backup a system FULLY and create a bootable ISO to CD or DVD. By fully, I mean, once I get all the packages I want installed, security updates installed, all configurations, tweaks, files, etc... I want to be able to make an image (similiar to Norton Ghost) in the event I need to re-install.

Thanks!
    Why not sure Ghost. It works for me/ Also Acronis works great as well, if you have that.

On the linux side there is always Systemrescue has Partimage inside, and Ghost4Linux just to name two.