Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Converting your movies to DPG format for moonshell on the Nintendo DS

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Converting your movies to DPG format for moonshell on the Nintendo DS

yanghyungryul: Go to the menu: Applications > Accessories > Terminal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: Converting your movies to DPG format for moonshell on the Nintendo DS

Quote Originally Posted by nandotron View Post
    Hi there... i ran into a few problems when i tried to compile, here is the output from the terminal:
    Code:
    enda@enda-laptop:~/DPG/mpeg_stat-2.2b-src/mpeg_stat$ make
    gcc -I/usr/include -O    -c -o util.o util.c
    util.c:46:20: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from util.c:47:
    video.h:45:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
    video.h:46:20: error: setjmp.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from util.c:48:
    proto.h:135: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    proto.h:136: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
    In file included from util.c:50:
    opts.h:46: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    opts.h:47: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    opts.h:48: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    opts.h:49: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    opts.h:50: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    opts.h:51: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    opts.h:52: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    opts.h:53: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    util.c: In function ‘correct_underflow’:
    util.c:149: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘fprintf’
    util.c:149: error: ‘stderr’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    util.c:149: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    util.c:149: error: for each function it appears in.)
    util.c:151: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
    util.c:154: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘fprintf’
    util.c:165: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’
    util.c: In function ‘next_bits’:
    util.c:202: error: ‘NULL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    util.c: In function ‘get_ext_data’:
    util.c:255: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘malloc’
    util.c: In function ‘next_start_code’:
    util.c:318: error: ‘NULL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    util.c: In function ‘get_extra_bit_info’:
    util.c:447: error: ‘NULL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    util.c:452: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘malloc’
    make: *** [util.o] Error 1
    anyone have any ideas? are there files missing from my unpacked archive?
    It may be a little bit late since that post is from July, but maybe someone else will have the same problem (I know I did ).

The problem is that the "buld-essential" package isn't installed, that's why gcc can't find all the standard C header files.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    gets rid of those error messages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Great guide!

Just to add to this a bit: You can take this one step further and convert files anywhere, not just within the DPG folder:

Open a terminal window in your home directory, then navigate to ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts:
    Code:
    cd ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts
    Then create a shell script for automating the conversion:
    Code:
    gedit "Convert to DPG.sh"
    Then copy and paste the following:
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env bash

python /path/to/dpgconv-0.43.py $1
    wait
    zenity --info --text="$1 converted for NDS!"
    Make sure to edit the /path/to/ with the actual path where you put your dpgconv-0.43.py script. I put mine in ~/.scripts with the rest of my miscellaneous scripts

Finally, save and close gedit, then make the file executable:
    Code:
    chmod +x "Convert to DPG.sh"
    Now you can convert any video from Nautilus by right clicking on it, selecting "Scripts" and choosing "Convert to DPG.sh" from the menu.

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Converting your movies to DPG format for moonshell on the Nintendo DS

Woohoo, I tried your tools. Perfect!!!!
    Thanks a lot.

Beans

I'm having trouble with this. I don't think it's working properly...

I used the tools, and that script and it says "Converted for NDS!" But I don't see the file anywhere.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mcbean View Post
    Thanks for this, very useful!

In case people don't read the .py script, you can add --hq or --lq to the arguments to make it higher or lower quality.
    yeah about that... if you were to use that... where do you put the argument?

python dpgconv-0.43.py video.avi --lq ?

Beans

you put the arguments after the name of the program mate in other words .py --hq or --lq

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the info you provided, but I am stuck on step 2:
    Here is output from my terminal

~/DPG$ cd /home/DPG/mpeg_stat-2.2b-src/mpeg_stat
    ~/DPG/mpeg_stat-2.2b-src/mpeg_stat$ make
    strip mpeg_stat
    ~/DPG/mpeg_stat-2.2b-src/mpeg_stat$ cd /home/DPG
    ~/DPG$ sudo cp mpeg_stat /bin/mpeg_stat
    cp: cannot stat `mpeg_stat': No such file or directory
    ~/DPG$ sudo mpeg_stat.1 /bin/mpeg_stat.1
    sudo: mpeg_stat.1: command not found

Please let me know where I have gone wrong. Those files look like there are there to me. Is it the 'make' that isn't working?

Beans

hopefull someone's still checking this topic...

I compiled mpeg_stat and it's in the bin and I am using my desktop instead of the DPG folder.

I tried making the dpgconv.py file executable but the terminal kept saying "No Such Command" (or w/e).

So I instead started typing "python dpgconv.py filename.ext" and I get
    Code:
    Error:
    Sh: mpeg_stat: Permission Denied
    Same thing if I add 'sudo'

Please help... would like to get this working for my NDS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by gCuezy View Post
    I compiled mpeg_stat and it's in the bin [...]
    Is mpeg_stat.1 there, too? And is mpeg_stat properly installed? It should start reading from stdin when you start it from command line with 'mpeg_stat'. Have you followed the tutorial from post #1 in this thread?

EDIT:
    Oh, and make sure you got the latest version of dpgconv, the one from post #1 is a bit outdated, newest is 8. Homepage has moved, too.
    Last edited by NorQue; December 15th, 2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added information

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast