Thread: Firefox 3 Not Saving Toolbar Preferences

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Firefox 3 Not Saving Toolbar Preferences

Hey,

Firefox 3 (Ubuntu 8.04) is refusing to save its tool-bar preferences.

Yet it remembers just fine if I wish to show icons or text or use small icons. But it refuses to remember which icons to show on the standard tool-bar.

Very strange, any thoughts?

Thanks,

Will

Update: Damn addon: http://trac.arantius.com/ticket/174
    Last edited by war59312; July 13th, 2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Odd error when running from command line

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Firefox 3 Not Saving Toolbar Preferences

months later, mine is doing this as well.... wonder if anyone ever found an answer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Pretty sure I have the same problem, but I've got other related problems as well. When I go to View>Toolbars>Customize, all that I have available to add are buttons that come initially with Firefox; so, for example, even though I've added DownloadHelper, I can't add a DownloadHelper button to the toolbar. When I do add, e.g., the bookmark button, it will stay on the toolbar throughout the session, but it will not be there upon opening a new session.

This is only mildly irritating, but it's still that: mildly irritating. Any help?

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Firefox 3 Not Saving Toolbar Preferences

I believe I have found the solution. I googled some more and found this:

http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=

I'm using Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.3 and as soon as I disabled it, the problem was solved. I'll do some testing and see if it's a particular option or simply the extension in it's entirety.

Beans
    Distro

After further testing I solved the problem without disabling Tab Mix Plus! I went in and changed the options, now I can't tell you which option specifically did it, but here is what I changed:

Do not display new tab button, do not display all tabs button, do not display in tools menu.

I'm betting it was one of those tab buttons that's doing it. Anyway, problem SOLVED

Beans
    Distro

It seems my answer may have been premature. It seems afterall that the only way to fully solve the issue is to disable TMP entirely.

Beans
    Distro

Answered prematurely... further testing reveals the only way so far to fully solve is to disable TMP. After several restarts the bug returned with TMP enabled and just having changed options.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wynneth's fix works--thanks for figuring that out. I'm not willing to part with Tab Mix Plus, however, so I'll be living with this bug until there is another fix.

Beans

Disable the Ubuntu extensions to Firefox and your other mods will work fine. It overrides stuff it shouldn't, in the incorrect order.