Thread: Thunderbird 3.0 Alpha released

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thunderbird 3.0 Alpha released

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/news/

Looks very promising! If this works as advertised, I will have to say goodbye to Evolution. My dream would be for Thunderbird integration into Gnome like Evolution has right now. I'm sure that will never happen, but it is a dream.

I actually prefer Tbird 2.0.0.14 + Lightning 0.8, but have been using Evolution strictly because of how well it is integrated into the Gnome desktop. I like the idea of supporting Evolution, but it seems pretty quirky and inflexible in some ways, which makes for an interesting love-hate relationship.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Thunderbird 3.0 Alpha released

I find Evolution very easy and straightforward to use... and you can't really beat the integration if you're a Gnome user. But I'm also a fan of Mozilla corp. so I've been keeping tabs on this project. Thunderbird 3 looks very promising -- especially as far as other platforms are concerned.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Thunderbird 3.0 Alpha released

Quote Originally Posted by mrgnash View Post
    I find Evolution very easy and straightforward to use... and you can't really beat the integration if you're a Gnome user. But I'm also a fan of Mozilla corp. so I've been keeping tabs on this project. Thunderbird 3 looks very promising -- especially as far as other platforms are concerned.
    I'm admittedly a biased Thunderbird user. I'd been using it for years prior to switching to Evolution when I installed Hardy, so my frame of reference has been "Why doesn't Evolution let me do this THIS way?" There haven't been too many instances where I've been frustrated in this way, but it's been enough to have me longing for Tbird without losing the cool Gnome integration. I'm still on the fence.