Thread: Media files, iPods and burning doesn't work...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Media files, iPods and burning doesn't work...

I'm running Hardy and just recently almost everything stopped working when it comes to media. (Things like googlevideo, youtube and embedded objects play just fine.)
    I use Amarok (but I've tried other players too) and it doesn't work. When I try and play one, all it does it skip tracks, no sound what so ever. It says the length of the track as it usually would...
    I tried Totem Movie Player and it says "Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument". Rhythm Box will not say error, but it'll show a error icon next to the track...and so on, nothing works.
    When I try adding music to my iPod(s) (1G and 2G shuffle), it'll take up space on them, but they wont play. If I remove something it'll remove it.
    Movies do not work nor does burning...

If I could get ant help at all, I'll really appreciate it =)

Beans

Re: Media files, iPods and burning doesn't work...

Did you install the proprietary format codecs?
    Apps for Ubuntu (outdated) ---> http://cid-23a283fc1010a1bb.skydrive...%20Wine|6?uc=1
    Use Mnemosyne to Study for School!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Uh, I didn't install any sort of codec on Ubuntu since I've had it, for over three years...would it just stop working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

You may need to setup your audio device again. Go to System -> Preferences -> Audio (or Sound, my Ubuntu is Dutch) and try a few settings (and use the test button to see if they work). Let me know if this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well, I uninstalled Amarok and that seemed to fix everything, I have no problem now. =)
    But thank you anyway!