Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mono errors.

Beans

Mono errors.

When I try to run the NRPG Ratiomaster with mono, I get the following errors:
    Code:
    mono '/home/bean/Desktop/NRPG.exe'

** (/home/bean/Desktop/NRPG.exe:20886): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/bean/Desktop/NRPG.exe could not be loaded:
         Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=0)
         Version:    2.0.0.0
         Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/bean/Desktop).

** (/home/bean/Desktop/NRPG.exe:20886): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

** (/home/bean/Desktop/NRPG.exe:20886): WARNING **: Missing method EnableVisualStyles in assembly /home/bean/Desktop/NRPG.exe, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    What could be wrong and how do I fix it?

Beans

Re: Mono errors.

I also get the same problem when I try to run AniMplayer using mono. This is what i get:

Code:
    ** (Lycoris.exe:13030): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/jeff/NMC/Lycoris.exe could not be loaded:
         Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=0)
         Version:    2.0.0.0
         Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/jeff/NMC/).

** (Lycoris.exe:13030): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

** (Lycoris.exe:13030): WARNING **: Missing method EnableVisualStyles in assembly /home/jeff/NMC/Lycoris.exe, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I think you'll need to install the libmono-winforms1.0-cil and/or libmono-winforms2.0-cil packages in synaptic to use System.Windows.Forms.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks! that solved it for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
    I think you'll need to install the libmono-winforms1.0-cil and/or libmono-winforms2.0-cil packages in synaptic to use System.Windows.Forms.
    2.0 - If you look at the error, you see "Version: 2.0.0.0"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    2.0 - If you look at the error, you see "Version: 2.0.0.0"
    Thanks. It solved my problem with KeePass

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
    Thx... it helped me to run KeePass!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mrdejong View Post
    Thx... it helped me to run KeePass!
    Keepass2 packages are already in Ubuntu, and handle dependencies for you
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question Re: Mono errors.

I have a baby question and hope that someone with experience and good communication can explain. What is Mono? I saw a thread on another section that mentioned Ubuntu's dependence upon Mono. I didn't quite understand the reasoning or the problem presented by the OP in that thread. Mono also appeared to have some connection with Gnome or related to gnome. It seems to me from the context of this thread it's something like Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by PayPaul View Post
    I have a baby question and hope that someone with experience and good communication can explain. What is Mono? I saw a thread on another section that mentioned Ubuntu's dependence upon Mono. I didn't quite understand the reasoning or the problem presented by the OP in that thread. Mono also appeared to have some connection with Gnome or related to gnome. It seems to me from the context of this thread it's something like Wine.
    It's a free software development framework which provides a C# and VB.NET compiler. It's used for some GNOME apps like Banshee and Tomboy, but rarely for KDE apps.
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast