Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intrepid Ibex Art Wiki Pages

Beans

Re: Intrepid Ibex Art Wiki Pages

It isnt even a real concept. Its what one blogger did- most likey that wont happen.

We really need to get soem artist in there? I should work on that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    How does that fit with the Human colors?
    i would like a less dark color for panels.
    WARNING: "sudo rm -rf /" = BAD Read this for more information.
    Q6600-Abit IP35-2 GB RAM-250GTS 1GB

*Docky FTW!*

Beans

I tried to make a new, more up to date GTK and metacity theme for ubuntu.
    You can find it on gnome looks here

It is a totally different concept then the default themes out there.

What do you think of it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by paullinux View Post
    i Tried To Make A New, More Up To Date Gtk And Metacity Theme For Ubuntu.
    You Can Find It On Gnome Looks here

It Is A Totally Different Concept Then The Default Themes Out There.

What Do You Think Of It?
    Well Done. +1. I am using your theme now with the Oxygen Icon. I hope they include this in planning for the Ibex Theme.
    Last edited by brownknight; July 14th, 2008 at 01:28 AM.

Beans

Currently I'm working around Kith and it's relatives, Kin and Didymous. Kith is already live, sans a custom panel theme, but Kin is well underway, screen shot below.

Emerald is coming sometime next week, within a few days probably. The GTK isn't underway yet, but it will be Murrine (possibly modified, I'm still studying the code for it), no estimated time for GTK completion. The Metacity theme will follow after the other two are done. Always open to C&C, email @ vermette@gmail.com or the Kith wiki.
    Last edited by Kver; July 14th, 2008 at 03:37 AM.

Beans

Alot of people seem to like the idea of using animal skin as wallpaper. A while back, there were some giraffe and lion wallpapers which were very popular in the community (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Inco...AnimalTextures - be patient, it will take a while to load and jump to the right section).

I personally loved the artwork and have been calling for artists to submit similar artwork for Intrepid Ibex. Specifically I suggest that the artwork incorporates Ibex skin/fur, but me and the rest of the community are always open to new ideas.

I would love to see this ball get rolling, and I know that others in the community would also. If you would like to contribute, please visit this idea's wiki page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

i have some piece of wallpapers i first thought to post on gnome-looks but later thought to post in wiki ubuntu art work....
    is it safe to post there...i mean i wonder if somebody gets a copy of my artwork...its my first best work(so dont want others to copy my work and take credits)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal_82 View Post
    i have some piece of wallpapers i first thought to post on gnome-looks but later thought to post in wiki ubuntu art work....
    is it safe to post there...i mean i wonder if somebody gets a copy of my artwork...its my first best work(so dont want others to copy my work and take credits)
    I'm not a license expert, but I know that some artists only allow their work to be distributed if they are credited. See the copyright notice on the Tux image - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tux.png

That being said, I don't think it should be a problem. Be sure to give yourself credit on the wiki page. If you are worried about someone uploading it to art.gnome.org or gnome-looks.org, make sure you do so first.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Kver View Post
    Currently I'm working around Kith and it's relatives, Kin and Didymous. Kith is already live, sans a custom panel theme, but Kin is well underway, screen shot below.

Emerald is coming sometime next week, within a few days probably. The GTK isn't underway yet, but it will be Murrine (possibly modified, I'm still studying the code for it), no estimated time for GTK completion. The Metacity theme will follow after the other two are done. Always open to C&C, email @ vermette@gmail.com or the Kith wiki.
    That looks really good.
    The best in life is free

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

For the Icons, what I think would look nice is a derivative of the Oxygen theme for Kde4. Like the color for example, make it a nice smooth neon color instead of just orange with a glass look.

Also, it would be nice to get rid of the round corners on the metacity theme
    Last edited by L815; July 16th, 2008 at 05:03 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast