Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDE4 Likes and Dislikes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: KDE4 Likes and Dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    i guess bad reviews and rants seems to be their incentive to speed up development...
    I don't think these are necessarily "bad reviews" or "rants" as we are also sharing the things we like.

Perhaps the beta tag was dropped too soon since there is still much to be done. Also, I appreciate the eye candy, but functionality trumps it every time, which is why I use KDE to begin with.
    When you've found an adequate answer to your post, click on "thread tools" and mark the thread as solved.
    If you find an answer on your own or elsewhere, share it here and mark the thread as solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

how about the whole concept? "reinventing the desktop"? reinventing the wheel...
    why on earth break something that works just fine (KDE 3.5.x) just for the sake of "change"? (improvements, if you prefer). there's nothing in KDE 4 that I need (maybe the lack of customization could become a feature in the near future...)
    just my 2 cents
    The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by karellen View Post
    why on earth break something that works just fine (KDE 3.5.x) just for the sake of "change"?
    The other way of looking at it is, why keep something that is not optimal (not the way we would do it if we were designing from scratch today) just for the sake of laziness/familiarity or out of habit?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonDave View Post
    The other way of looking at it is, why keep something that is not optimal (not the way we would do it if we were designing from scratch today) just for the sake of laziness/familiarity or out of habit?
    That's a great idea, wake me up if anybody ever puts some serious effort into it!!!

(sorry, just in a sassy mood. KDE4 is fine for people who like it)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

KDE 3.5 is not my favorite, I'm a great fan of GNOME, so when I tried kde4, is wasn't that happy with it.I run the different desktop enviromenst together (sessions) but kde4 is to beta for me...I think I'll stick to GNOME (or XFCE4) - but what th ehack...that's the great thing of Linux: CHOISE!!

maybe I'll try kde4 again sometime

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonDave View Post
    KDE 3.5 works pretty optimal for me
    The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have to admit, 3.5 and 4 both worked great for me, I just don't like either of them. KDE has it's merits to be sure, but overall, I'll stick with Windows 95.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by BLTicklemonster View Post
    ...but overall, I'll stick with Windows 95.
    Love the sense of nostalgia! LOL
    When you've found an adequate answer to your post, click on "thread tools" and mark the thread as solved.
    If you find an answer on your own or elsewhere, share it here and mark the thread as solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12