Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Kworld ASTC 115 setup

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Kworld ASTC 115 setup

You should of done a search before posting. It is solved and there is no problems.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=kworld

this is my tutorial and it works fine.

Beans

As I stated in my previous post, I did search the forums, as well as Google. I was searching specifically for saa1734 since what I was trying to figure out why saa1734 is not listed under /etc/modules and according to the ATSC 115 wiki, it should be. After reviewing your tutorial, does it apply if I am trying to setup MythTV?? That is why I am following the ATSC Wiki, because it is specifically for MythTV which is what I would like to install.. I did add the dependencies listed in your tutorial, and rebooted, ran dmesg and do see the correct response, but when I type ls -1 /dev/dvb/adapter0 , I only see:

demux0
    dvr0
    frontend0
    net0

I'm not sure if that is correct, considering it is not identical to what you say it should be.. but secondly, even still.. I do not see saa1734 in my /etc/modules.. so back to my original question, am I suppose to add it? or can I continue forward in adding saa7134-dvb?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Your card is working and in perfect order. NOW! you need to get myth tv to work with it. are you going to be using your system as a dedicated multimedia system? make a new post about getting the kworld 115 with mythtv working since you already completed the kworld astc 115 setup.

This thread should be labeled as solved.

or if you want to see how me tv works? you can view the third pic and that is how me-tv looks on a regular desktop. http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=82939 ohh and incase you think your card is not running, just run that same line "ls -1 /dev/dvb/adapter0" and should say that. my setup says the exact same thing. I don't understand why you would want to run mythtv unless it is a dedicated box on a hdtv. If you run a desktop, I'd recommend you try using me-tv first for a desktop. I have 2-4 television tuners on my desktop running either one at a time or 2 at the same time depending on what my liking is. mythtv is a fullscreen application from what I gather and you cannot do other things while myth is running am I wrong?
    Last edited by Cresho; July 6th, 2008 at 03:19 AM.

Beans

OK, I've never heard of me-tv.. I do plan on using it just for my desktop.. I'm going to have to try me-tv first I suppose. Thank you guys so much for the help setting this up!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [SOLVED] Kworld ASTC 115 setup

my tutorial shows you how to install. please read it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12