Thread: problems with C++ runtime (vcredist_x86.exe)

Beans

[Solved] problems with C++ runtime (vcredist_x86.exe)

[Well, I found the solution almost immediately. Use "bash winetricks vcrun2008". This installed the correct runtime and now the program works.]

Hi, I'm trying to install a small utility for the game Oblivion called FCOMhelper. It uses the C++ runtime libraries MSVCP90.dll and MSVCR90.dll. So I tried installing vcredist_x86.exe, but I still get these errors when I try to run FCOMhelper.exe:

Code:
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\oblivion\\Data\\FCOMhelper.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR90.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\oblivion\\Data\\FCOMhelper.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\oblivion\\Data\\FCOMhelper.exe" failed, status c0000135
    So, maybe the installation of vcredist_x86.exe didn't work right, but I'm lost and don't know how to fix it, or even if I'm really on the right track. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Wine - 1.1.0
    Ubuntu - 8.04
    Last edited by kosmos; July 2nd, 2008 at 09:50 PM.

Beans

Smile Re: problems with C++ runtime (vcredist_x86.exe)

Try grabbing the MSVCP90.dll file and put it on your system32 folder. That error is usual. It happenned to me once.
    Try it.

www.dll-files.com (Grab the dll here)

See you.

Beans

Re: problems with C++ runtime (vcredist_x86.exe)

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I could not find a fix for this anywhere. Much appreciated.

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: problems with C++ runtime (vcredist_x86.exe)

Quote Originally Posted by Tangbuntu View Post
    Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I could not find a fix for this anywhere. Much appreciated.
    only use packages from: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa