Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Quote Originally Posted by shm View Post
    also in attach my new version of script to rotate screen,

Thank you very much, I'm using it.

However, for those who download it: pay attention, there is a typo in the last "xsetwacom" command, a "2" attached at the end that must be removed.

Pietro

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Onionman, if you are still having trouble with sound, see my post I just made:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...98&postcount=4
    Kory

Beans

Anyone have success with WPA2 Enterprise? Network Manager never seems to find the certificate.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

This post may help:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...5&postcount=24
    and the thread has some good info in it as well. I have not tested it since I don't use wpa, but it seemed to work for him.
    Kory

Beans

Hi,
    I have a few questions about tx2500. I'm running Fedora 10 (KDE4), but there's no such thread about tx2500/2000 on fedora forums, so I'm posting here. Hope you don't mind.

1) Do you know what package handles the remote control? Fedora's xev doesn't picking it up. I have lirc and some related packages installed. But still nothing. Though the keys on the screen (those for playback control only) works.

2) The cpu fan is way too loud when running on ac power. I read in some post, that in (K)ubuntu it's kinda quiet. What power manager does ubuntu use? Fedora uses powernow-k8. And it's too loud...

3) And how does the suspend works with ubuntu?

Then I just want to say, that the fprint works awesome on F10. Including pam_fprint. Scans are clear in frpint_demo and recognition rate is about 94%. Everything else is working great, including wacom (thanks to tutorial on this site), sound (thanks again), wireless (using wl), just the webcam doesn't work with either Ekiga or Cheese, but it works with some Qt cam demo, but only once. After closing that app, I can't use the cam anymore. Any ideas?

Also I'm about to write a firefox extension for logins using fingerprints with fprint as a backend. Anyone interested with help?

Thanks in advance,
    Marty

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    Onionman, if you are still having trouble with sound, see my post I just made:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...98&postcount=4
    Kory
    Hi Kory,
    thx for the help but it didn't work... I'm still having those internal sounds... All my sound faders are at max.. but in my sound preferences I can see HDA ATI SB, The option you made me add was about a HDA INTEL...

Could this be the problem?

Onionman

Beans

hey, so im pretty new to linux, but I love it already. I just got a tx2500 and want to put ubuntu. There is tons of stuff for 8.04, and 8.10 is suppose to help with battery life. I guess my question is what version should I put on my tablet. Has any one gotten 8.10 to work as good as 8.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@Onionman
    no... the hda intel refers to the snd-hda-intel model, which is the sound module for all HD sound cards....
    Have you restarted? I don't really know what else to tell you....

@keabler
    I would go for 8.10... It has more support for graphics and for thermal stuff....
    The only problem seen so far is wpa2 enterprise encryption.
    Kory

Beans

@gali98 - I just wanted to say my thanks for all the work you've done on this. I have the tx2510us tablet, and I have everything (that matters to me) working now.

The sound, webcam, and 2 out of the 4 multimedia buttons are working. I haven't done much work with the fingerprint reader, but I think it works.

@Onionman - I have the HDA ATI SB sound card as well, and it works for me using -
    options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=acer

Other than that all I did for the sound was to open the volume control and turn everything up. Good luck.

Beans

I posted a question about my tx2500 sound problem when upgrading to 8.10 and am waiting for help:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...18#post6139618

Thanks gali98 but your method could not solve my problem.

Thanks folks. I did added this line on my new 8.10 OS just like what I did on 8.04. The problem is in this new OS I only can hear big noise when I login.

In my Volume Control I saw three options:
    HDA ATI SB (Alsa mixer)
    Realtek ALC268 (OSS Mixer)
    Capture:ALSA PCM on front:0 (ALCC268 Analog) via DMA .....

The wired thing is that I installed a WinXP OS in my virtualbox and it has sound!

I upload my alsa-base file below and hope some one would give me some advises.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast