Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Beans

Re: Info and help for HP TX2500 Series

Quote Originally Posted by corwinspyre View Post
    Did you try Hardy without noapic and nolapic? Because it was fine for me without those.
    Yeah, I tried all the combinations possible and I think the only time it worked without one of those is with acpi=off nolapic.

But I did an install and I'm in the same spot as usual. I'll have to disable thermal and that but my ethernet is non responsive still. Had to boot with acpi=off to get to desktop. But now I don't need to enable GNOME fail safe to get the desktop to work.

Beans

nolapic kills ethernet. If you have wireless, try using ndiswrapper with the instructions I posted before... it's much easier than compiling the ethernet driver. Put the tarball on a USB drive or find another way to get ndiswrapper onto your laptop, as well as the HP executable.. and cabextract.

Beans

Even without nolapic my ethernet will not work.

As for the wireless I'm sure it will work but my dorm doesn't have wifi (The rest of the campus does, go figure) so I want to get this ethernet problem solved.

On another note, after following Astronomy's directions for thermal and boot options, it will not shutdown. It will go through all the stuff and then just end with a System Halted line and stays on. And also when I restart it just hangs without acpi=off.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

pluckster, would you list the content of your /etc/network/interfaces file by doing "cat /etc/network/interfaces" ?

If you see eth0 for wired network interface, try "sudo ifup eth0" and "dhclient eth0".

Beans

Lets see here...

Code:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    Hmm no sign of eth0 or much of anything

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

pluckster,

Append the following lines in /etc/network/interfaces file after the two lines you already have :

auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp

save, and do "sudo ifup eth0", and let me know how it goes.

Beans

Still no good.

Did something along the lines of...

Code:
    already a pid file
    removed it

started listening and sending
    did 5 DHCPDISCOVERs
    No DHCPOFFERS
    sleeping
    grep /etc/resolv.conf (didnt exist)
    grep /etc/network/run/ifstate (didn't exist) x2
    Thats it. Odd

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Seems like some important config files are missing from the Ibex Alpha 3.

Alternatively, let me suggest using "Wicd" GUI network config app.
    Download it and follow the installation guide.
    http://wicd.sourceforge.net/download.php

This thing is much better than networkmanager. In fact networkmanager destroys some very crucial config files, that I hate it and avoid like a plague.

I'm sure searching and setting up network from command line is necessary at this point. There is a how-to on the Ubuntu forum.

Beans

sudo dhclient eth0

How's the touchscreen progress going isachan? I saw there was a minor revision to the linuxwacom project dev files. Is that what we were waiting for, or are we waiting for the next official release?

Has anyone had any luck getting fglrx working in Intrepid? I can't seem to get 8.6 or 8.7 to install.
    Last edited by AstronomyDomine; July 26th, 2008 at 06:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

AstronomyDomine,
    Yeah, it's been a while since last time said something about the latest wacom development driver, hasn't it ? Well, the reason is that 0.8.1-1 is not working well. The previous version was much better. The pen no longer register any clicks, so I can't write / draw anything. The touch screen is unchanged, works like before, with off-calibration.

By using wacomdump version 0.7.4 utility, I can see the pressure sensitivity bug has been sorta fixed, but looks strange in raw value. Eraser is recognized, not as another pen tip like the previous version.

I sent off 2 emails to the author asking questions but so far, I haven't received any reply. The documentation on the web site is quite old that only few of the information is applicable. I heard somewhere that so many protocols in the driver has been straighten out, and there are many more to fix.

I've found the bug in the source code from the previous version 0.8.1, so maybe I can try that when I have some time.
    Last edited by isachan; July 26th, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast