Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what happens when people keep flaming KDE 4...

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Re: This is what happens when people keep flaming KDE 4...

Poor guy. I sure wouldn't want to develop something if everyone kept telling me how much it sucked..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by p_quarles View Post
    Aaron is one of the most articulate open source developers who actually bothered to share his thoughts on a regular basis. He frequently had intriguing things to say on topics ranging from particular lines of code to the whole F/LOSS ecosystem.

It's a shame that those with nothing to say can silence people like Aaron.
    +1

I've tried KDE4 before and uninstalled it because it was simply not ready for me yet. Even though not ready I still thanked people for the work they are doing as I realise it is an ongoing project and it will eventually mature (me hopes 4.2). Nothing wrong with constructive critisism or filing bug reports etc. It's pointless biatching though when they know about an issue and it is in line to be fixed later because there are more important things. Personal attacks on people is just plain wrong and will not in the least bit help, if anything it would have a more negative influence on the project.

My mom always said "If you have nothing good to say then keep quiet" and there is a lot of truth in that.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    +1

I've tried KDE4 before and uninstalled it because it was simply not ready for me yet. Even though not ready I still thanked people for the work they are doing as I realise it is an ongoing project and it will eventually mature (me hopes 4.2). Nothing wrong with constructive critisism or filing bug reports etc. It's pointless biatching though when they know about an issue and it is in line to be fixed later because there are more important things. Personal attacks on people is just plain wrong and will not in the least bit help, if anything it would have a more negative influence on the project.

My mom always said "If you have nothing good to say then keep quiet" and there is a lot of truth in that.
    That's definitely well appreciated.

I also really enjoyed reading Aaron's blog. Even though I'm just a "normal user," and don't really have the time or resources to contribute like some do, I really like keeping up to date with new technologies and their technical workings. Aaron kept things at a great balance between "rich with technical details" and "simple enough for non-coders to understand," not to mention his (usually very insightful) responses to things happening in the world of FOSS.

One of the few blogs I looked forward to reading, and one that I'll definitely miss. *Contempt* to the poisonous people

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by p_quarles View Post
    Aaron is one of the most articulate open source developers who actually bothered to share his thoughts on a regular basis. He frequently had intriguing things to say on topics ranging from particular lines of code to the whole F/LOSS ecosystem.

It's a shame that those with nothing to say can silence people like Aaron.
    +1 there, I found Aaron's blogs to be really interesting and made me curious about the happenings in KDE4, I will miss the blog.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12