Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wine and Livescribe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Wine and Livescribe

It outputs : "Ambiguous device"
    I've rebooted, and checked that both root and the user were in plugdev. I've tried launching the app as both.
    The more Microsoft products you buy,the higher your bill gets

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by teolemon View Post
    It outputs : "Ambiguous device"
    I've rebooted, and checked that both root and the user were in plugdev. I've tried launching the app as both.
    Aha, that means you have more than one OBEX device installed. For now, you can remove that other device; cell-phone, most likely. I'll try to come up with a more graceful solution for that case. I had to defunction that part of the code slightly when I backported to Karmic's libopenobex.

Beans

If you want to buy a Livescribe this is a good chance. Amazon just offers one day 38 percent deal. Check this out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Steven,
    I have tried to follow your directions, I got smartpen-browser installed via synaptic but I can't seem to launch it. I am running Meerkat, does that make a difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to get this livescribe pulse working before I have to take it back.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I've had another report of trouble launching the program on Meerkat. I'm running 10.10 now, too, so I should be able to fix it. Meanwhile, you should by able to start it by running "smartpen-browser.py" from either the Terminal or the Alt-F2 "Run Application" window.

Beans

Id like to buy an alternative that works... or at least has a standard masstorage option. What do you recommend?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am thinking of buying one of these but don't want to get it if it does not work with Ubuntu. So... does it currently work?

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

There is no official support for Linux from Livescribe. The software I've written has some limited support, however parsing the handwriting (STF) files is not generally useful at this time.

Beans

Hello

I am testing smartpen-browser.py in 10.04. It opens up a window, the pen indicates it is transfering stuff to the pc (same indication as in windows) and after a while all my notebooks appear as tabs with the correct number of pages. However, the pages themselves appear to be completely blank. I guess the step of communicating with the pen was achieved but there is still a lot to be done. Keep up the good work!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Hm... then, is there any possibility of developing/installing custom firmware for this thing? I'm looking into writing a Penlet for communicating data over USB, but that's a less-than-complete solution.
    my shiz: http://inportb.com/
    use Dropbox if you need an awesome free file hosting service; please follow my referral link for an extra 256MB of free storage.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast