Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel)

Beans

Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel)

Brilliant. Its fixed the slow boot problem on my Toshiba.

BUT I cant get Suspend (hibernate) from the System->Logout->hibernate menu

The computer switches off but then does not completely power down.

I would like to instal suspend2, but the patches given elsewhere in the forum are for the 6.12 ubuntu kernel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel

After doing all this, hddtemp didn't work anymore. Following these instructions:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Proble...SATA_and_Linux

I found the right patch for 2.6.14 to fix it.

Thanks for the howto -- it was easier than it looked.
    Last edited by Zed; November 13th, 2005 at 05:43 PM. Reason: didn't have bbcode on

Beans

Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel

hi ,
    with , my msi S270 notebook , i have some sound with the new kernel , great , thanks
    however , the USB did'nt work ... i havn't change anything in the menuconfig , should i ?
    is there a patch ? i just begin in kernel compilation , so i don't understand everything ,sorry
    if someone could help ...

Quote Originally Posted by tseliot
    Have a look at Point 7 of my guide:
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=85064
    it explains how to compile the nvidia modules together with your kernel (as packages, just like Ubuntu's restricted modules)
    Hi,
    I managed to fix it by unistalling the current driver and re-installing it.
    Wierd that just doing the installer did not work (Does show uninstalling)
    I did already have the modules done.
    Thank you for suggesting I read through that guide though.

Beans

With this kernel 2.6.14 dont work my fat32 disc in Breezy. With defoult kernel 2.6.12-9 is OK.
    ?????????

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy©
    Has anyone found a solution to the "mount problem"?
    I cant mount my ntfs partition though I think ntfs support its activated as a module (If I run menuconfig I see that its activated).
    If I try to mount it it says that its already mounted or busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by quintok
    I'm glad I'm not the only one in this boat
    I think I maybe have found a solution to the mount problem I have. If I try to mount my ntfs partition on hda with: "sudo mount -o loop /media/windows" I can access my ntfs partiton. I'm going to once again (5:th time ) compile the kernel and remove "Loopback device support" (located under "Device Drivers") and see if that does the trick. I'm also using the latest ck5-patch instead

I see myselfe still after 2 years with linux (off and on) as a newbee as only thing I do is to test things in guides, but I always seems to forget every thing afterwards and not lerning anything

Edit: Nope that didnt work to remove "Loopback device support" . Now I cant mount it even with: "sudo mount -o loop /media/windows" (offcourse...stupid me). Anyone knows how the line should look in fstab with the "-o loop" command in it?

"/dev/hda1 /media/windows -o loop ntfs nls=utf8,umask=0222 0 0" dont work.

I dont get the error mesage when "mouting local filesystem" when it boot with that line, but its not mounted when gnome starts. Perhaps the line in fstab should look different?

Going to compile 1 last time now and not leaving out "Loopback device support"

Edit2: Ok, I have now compiled for the last time (wont do it again) exactly as the guide, with the only diffrence that I selected write support for ntfs (dont think it makes anny difference). I edited my fstab to look like this:

/dev/hda1 /media/windows ntfs nls=utf8,umask=0222,loop 0 0

Changes in red

This makes my ntfs partition to load at startup. Hope someone else than me have some use of it...
    Last edited by Eazy©; November 15th, 2005 at 03:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@richardh: I'm just trying to follow this guide on the suspend2 Website with 2.6.14-2. Sadly it's not working yet. But i'll post an update when it's hopefully working.

One question: How is ck working with 2.6.14-2? When I try to apply the ck patch it complains about nearly ervery file...

Quote Originally Posted by lmandrake
    @richardh: I'm just trying to follow this guide on the suspend2 Website with 2.6.14-2. Sadly it's not working yet. But i'll post an update when it's hopefully working.

One question: How is ck working with 2.6.14-2? When I try to apply the ck patch it complains about nearly ervery file...
    What cK patchset are you using?
    I am using the cK1 one perfect with the 2.6.14.2 GNU/Linux kernel.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lmandrake
    ck5 includes 2.6.14-2 patches, so you have to patch the 2.6.14-1 source. Linux-militia also offers pre-ck-patched kernel sources so you could try one of those.

http://www.linux-militia.net/kernel/ck/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy©
    /dev/hda1 /media/windows ntfs nls=utf8,umask=0222,loop 0 0

Changes in red

This makes my ntfs partition to load at startup. Hope someone else than me have some use of it...
    Yay, now my partitons on my other drive will mount! Now I can play planet penguin racer at fullspeed AND access my other drive with my data. Thank you so much!

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast