Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel)

Beans

Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel

My network card is Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG, i found out that i should use ndiswrapper, but how do i do this? Should i include it in the kernel when building or what? Need help, cause i want my speedy kernel to work...

Beans

Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel

Quote Originally Posted by GoA
    Could I get more specific details about the how did you do that. I'm a noob you know.
    Just do your normal make xconfig and go to "Input device support - Generic input layer" and select "Event interface" to be built in, not as module.
    And recompile!

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

What about conexant usb adsl modems? There seems to be built-in drivers, but i don't know how to make them work!

Beans

hi, is there anything in this how-to that could/is disabiling ntfs support? I can mount the device fine on the ubuntu 5.1 livecd but following this I cannot load ntfs even if it's built into the kernel (not as a module)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by tseliot
    Vanilla means "plain and simple" and it means that it has no specific features (i.e. it is not adapted to any distro in particular) and it is not patched (at least in theory) and of course it is the source code made by Linux Torvalds & colleagues.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please.
    So does that mean that I'm really not running ubuntu anymore with this kernel?

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Beans

no, it's still ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Just wanted to say thanks for the great how to, everything fine here and definitely a little faster!

Allan

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tare
    I got finally my MX700 to work.
    Thank you! I couldn't figure out what was going on with my MX1000. For some reason the new 2.6.14 and 2.6.14.1 kernels need EVDEV compiled into the kernel.

Beans

if someone would like a try:

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0326004/...686_2_i386.deb
    http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0326004/...686_2_i386.deb

read more at:
    http://www.ubuntuusers.de/viewtopic....14688&start=30 (in german)

ck3 patchset included, vesa-tng, speedstep fix for pentium M (Dothan)

for feedback
    spoilerhead_remove_m3_(at)_brennercom.net

Beans

Has anyone found a solution to the "mount problem"?
    I cant mount my ntfs partition though I think ntfs support its activated as a module (If I run menuconfig I see that its activated).
    If I try to mount it it says that its already mounted or busy.

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast