Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel)

Beans

Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Hyun
    tss tss...

just add your user to src group
    Code:
    sudo addsuer username src
    logout/login, and start How To.

Yes...and you think that is more easy to add the user to the src group,logout,login or to gain full root access?...
    And I am not so sure if that will work because the deb file will be created at /usr/src... but I don't know... What I posted work..I didn't say that there aren't more ways of doing this But I will try it later!Thanks

Beans

Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Poul
    can someone tell us or link to information about it?
    Why/when should i bother?
    What is so good about and what is changed comparing to the current one?
    THX in advance.

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news...le.php/3560061

http://wiki.kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...angeLog-2.6.14

Beans

Cool, it worked...had problems with Nvidia (of course) but after second reinstall of drivers it worked fine. All I have to do now is get my other disk to work, it says it's either already mounted or busy. Nice HOWTO!

Beans

Thanks for this guide. All worked flawlessly exept for installing the ATI drivers afterwards... Has anybody had any success with this? If so, did you need to do anything exept the things included in this how-to?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz
    Does anyone else have problems with pmount? Removable drives and cdroms are only accessible through /media/cdrom0 (and so on), they don't appear on the desktop.

I'll try to translate the warning messeges when I click the icons in "Computer":
    Code:
    Warning: device /dev/hdc is already taken care of by /etc/fstab, given label has been ignored
    mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
    mount: /dev/hdc already mounted or /media/cdrom0 busy
    mount: according to mtab, /dev/hdc is already mounted on /media/cdrom0
    Error: cannot run pmount
    Please, can anyone help me with this?
    Same problem here, slightly annoying, but a temporary fix is to run sudo umount '/media/drivename' and then double clicking the icon again. I have to do it every time I plug in the removable media again.

Beans

Same here, pmount isn't working.

Also, I can't use the virtual terminals(?). Meaning that pressing ctrl+alt+f1 - f6 all show just a gray screen. When booting the screen is blank until gdm is started..

Any ideas how to fix these problems?

Beans

Question Re: How-To: 2.6.14 Vanilla Kernel (latest) + ck Patchset (Enhanced Performance kernel

Thank you for a well made Howto. It installed perfectly on my system with one annoyance: On the splash menu it says that the system failed to load local filesystems. I have no acces to partition that were previously accessible with breezy. Yhe fstab is the same as before; same for mtab. help please !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by crypto178
    Same problem here, slightly annoying, but a temporary fix is to run sudo umount '/media/drivename' and then double clicking the icon again. I have to do it every time I plug in the removable media again.

Same problem here. Same fix / hack.
    First Distro: RedHat 4.2 | Current Distro: Ubuntu Edgy
    ================================

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Same problem here. Shame, back to 2.6.12 kernel for now untill there is a simple fix

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dracontopes
    Same problem here. Shame, back to 2.6.12 kernel for now untill there is a simple fix
    Same here.

I have been trying to add the ck performance patch to the Linux source (2.6.12) w/ Ubuntu patch added and tweak more for my Pentium M, but no luck yet.
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast