Thread: SE W380i

Beans

SE W380i

Ok hi everyone!

I just got Sony Ericsson W380i (Walkman - awesome phone!) and there is a cd to it with a software to make your phone connected to the pc (so I can put some files like mp3's on the phone). It is a PC Suite for SE and I wondered will it work for Ubuntu? I have a nother pc with windows but all my music is on that one and it would be so much easier...

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: SE W380i

Connect the phone with the USB cable that came along. It will detect it as a flash drive and then you can drag-n-drop your desired music files to the audio folder in the Phone. It works the same way with my W580i.
    But for this you will have to select the "File Transfer" mode in your phone once the data cable is connected. Once you're done, unmount the drive(phone) from the desktop by right-clicking on it!
    Hope this helps.

Beans

Cheers man! I'll try it as soon as it will charge...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

My wife has one of those. I was never able to mount it, so I just bought a Bluetooth dongle from www.geeks.com for $5.99. Now we can transfer ringtones to my phone, her phone, friend's phones, any phone that is bluetooth enabled.. A worthwhile investment to never pay for ringtones
    Just use Audacity and make 15-20 second clips from you own MP3's then bluetooth them to the phone.
    "Despite millions of dollars of research, Death continues to be Americas number one killer."

Kingdom Computer Solutions