Thread: German IBM Keyboard Layout

Beans

German IBM Keyboard Layout

hello folks. I'm pretty new to ubuntu but i'm getting the hang of things. here's my problem.

I have an old IBM laptop imported from Germany. Its 300mhz 128 MB RAM, originally built for windows 98. A few years back i was running XP on it. I've been running Ubuntu on my new computer for about a month, i was running xp on it for the last 3 months before that. i wanted to get my laptop up and going again so i downloaded xubuntu and installed it no problems. here's the thing, because its from Germany the keyboard layout is different (eg. to use the @ button you have to press ctrl + alt + Q, as opposed to shift + 2 as most of us are used to. now when i had xp i simply chose the keyboard layout as IBM - Germany and it worked great. Now this layout wasn't in the list for xubuntu so I went with German - No Dead Keys, and everything on the keyboard works except for my special ctrl + alt keys like @. since the idea of this laptop is to just check email and browse the web it goes without saying that i need my @ button. does anyone live in germany or have a german keyboard by any chance that might be able to lead me the right way? any help would be gladly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: German IBM Keyboard Layout

Have you tried <Alt Gr> + <Q> combination?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: German IBM Keyboard Layout

thx - problem solved