Thread: [SOLVED] Problems with gcc compiler

Beans

[SOLVED] Problems with gcc compiler

For some reason, I can't run the executable generated from compiling a c and c++ program with the gcc compiler. The c program gives an error: "bash: com: command not found" when I try to run the executable file by typing the name of the file, com, into the terminal in the directory it's in. The c++ program doesn't display any errors and doesn't do anything at all.
    To compile, I'm using the command: "g++ test.cxx -o test" for the c++ program and "g++ com.c -o com" for the c program.
    I have the gcc compiler on my windows machine and it generates an executable which works perfectly.

Thanks for any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Problems with gcc compiler

You need to type:

Code:
    ./test
    Or

Code:
    ./com
    By default the current directory is not in the path so you have to explicitly specify what you are referring to.
    Don't try to make something "fast" until you are able to quantify "slow".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

sudo apt-get install gcc, try compiling it with gcc instead of g++. same problem?
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

lol so thats why i always end up with a.out lmao
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"