Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: [HOW-TO] Upside-down image from UVC webcam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [HOW-TO] Upside-down image from UVC webcam

This is how I fix the webcam upside/down problem now, ubuntu 12.04.
    I use skype as an example!

Some webcams works perfect with Cheese and other webcam applications, but in Skype you may have a green screen, no picture at all or the picture is upside down!
    If you have webcam issues with skype, fix this by doing this:

Code:
    echo -e '#!/bin/bash \n LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l1compat.so /usr/bin/skype' | sudo tee /usr/local/bin/skype
    sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/skype
    NOTE1: Skype is a 32bit program so i386 in the above fix is correct for skype since it uses 32bit libraries, even if you use 64bit version of Ubuntu!

NOTE2: If the program you want to manipulate is 64bit you have to use /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libv4l/ instead of /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/

If the above fix does not work, try using this instead
    Code:
    echo -e '#!/bin/bash \n LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l2convert.so /usr/bin/skype' | sudo tee /usr/local/bin/skype

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by HansdeGoede View Post
    Hi All,

To all: if you fix things this way, please still do the following (as root):
    lsusb > lsusb.log
    dmidecode > dmi.log

And send me <hdegoede@redhat.com>, a mail with these 2 files attached. Do *NOT* copy and paste them I need them 100% unmodified.

I'll then add your laptop permanently to libv4l's upside down table, so that other people using the same laptop (and you yourself when updating to a newer distro version) don't need to fix things manually, but instead everything will work out of the box!!

Arminho if you communicate with people about this solution please ask them to send their laptop info to me so I can permanently add there model to libv4l's upside down list.

Regards,

Hans de Goede (the libv4l author and maintainer)

Thank you Hans!! Brilliant work!!
    Last edited by tahitiwibble; July 17th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by paalfe View Post

Some webcams works perfect with Cheese and other webcam applications, but in Skype you may have a green screen, no picture at all or the picture is upside down!

Code:
    echo -e '#!/bin/bash \n LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l1compat.so /usr/bin/skype' | sudo tee /usr/local/bin/skype
    NOTE1: Skype is a 32bit program so i386 in the above fix is correct for skype since it uses 32bit libraries, even if you use 64bit version of Ubuntu!

NOTE2: If the program you want to manipulate is 64bit you have to use /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libv4l/ instead of /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/

Code:
    echo -e '#!/bin/bash \n LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l2convert.so /usr/bin/skype' | sudo tee /usr/local/bin/skype
    Paalfe ....... thank you so much for posting this

Beans

VLC saves the day, even if its not that intuitive.

Open up VLC 2.0.3.
    Click on the 6th button on the bottom left that looks like an equalizer, its the "show extended settings" button.
    "Video Effect" Tab
    "Geometry" Tab
    Check "Rotate" checkbox and the dial becomes unghosted.
    Rotate to desired angle.

That's all folks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by paalfe View Post

Code:

Code:
    Man, I can't possibly thank you enough, I use skype all the time and this solved the issue for me. Thank you!

ubuntu 13.04 32 bit
    the two fixes above, is it relinking skype with the right video libs doesnt work for me.
    in skype and cheese , black image
    in camorama upside down image
    i downloaded and built and installed the r5u87x driver as below

Originally Posted by Fictitious1
    $ sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev libusb-dev build-essential gcc automake mercurial
    $ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/ahixon/r5u87x/ *[I changed the link to reflect SSL]
    $ cd r5u87x
    $ make
    $ sudo make install
    $ sudo r5u87x-loader --reload

lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05ca:1837 Ricoh Co., Ltd Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC4 [R5U870]

so its the right device for that driver.... any clues?

Beans

I did this

Code:

Code:
    And now cam via flash in chrome is broken? it doesn't show anything?

also on my kubuntu 12.04 it say the following when i do this

Code:
    casper@casper-UL30A:~$ svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/linux-uvc/linux-uvc/trunk
    svn: No repository found in 'svn://svn.berlios.de/linux-uvc/linux-uvc/trunk'
    Any correction made to the SVN url?
    Any easy fix for cam with flash in chrome like there was with skype from above?
    How to i find my lsusb.log and dmi.log files? i did a find but found nothing?

Thanks to all invovled with this for the great effort!

Casper

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728