Thread: Best paid programming language now and in the future?

Beans

Best paid programming language now and in the future?

i am very much confused about which language or framework i should learn. i searched on internet alot but m not getting anywhere.

please list the languages/frameworks according to the market demand and the future jobs.

also please specify any other languages/frameworks which are highly in demand, i will be very thankful to you.

please answer for both, job and business point of view.

also please advice me

#my skills: PHP,CSS,HTML,Sass,Compass,Adobe Photoshop,Corel Draw,Adobe Illustrator,Adobe Dreamweaver and now learning ruby.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Best paid programming language now and in the future?

If you want to make money, go into finance or something. As an added bonus, you won't have to learn anything!
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thumbs down Re: Best paid programming language now and in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Bachstelze View Post
    If you want to make money, go into finance or something. As an added bonus, you won't have to learn anything!
    Like that

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You could do a job search and see what companies are hiring for.

Java, python, mysql, sometimes C++ and C#

More than likely these will be the languages that will be the most popular in the next decade.

If you're getting into programming just to make money, I think you need to re-evaluate your interests. Most of us do it because we enjoy it, and given by your knowledge you haven't really done programming. I suggest dabbling in python for a few months, make something that interests you and then consider if you want to do this.
    Last edited by Ghostmn; January 21st, 2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Adding information

Beans

Ruby on Rails is probably considered the coolest out of what's out there and I see a lot of places that are hiring using it. Personally, everybody I know who started using it loves it.

Another option is Python/Django which is also very popular and is used by many employers.

However I really hope that you love programming and software development not just for the money, because chances are what's popular in the next several years is not going to be the same as now - whether it's a different framework, or the current framework is completely different by then.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by moneysharma View Post
    i am very much confused about which language or framework i should learn. i searched on internet alot but m not getting anywhere.

please list the languages/frameworks according to the market demand and the future jobs.

also please specify any other languages/frameworks which are highly in demand, i will be very thankful to you.

please answer for both, job and business point of view.

also please advice me

#my skills: PHP,CSS,HTML,Sass,Compass,Adobe Photoshop,Corel Draw,Adobe Illustrator,Adobe Dreamweaver and now learning ruby.
    Depends what you want to do. Finance pays alot, and financial institutions pay alot to programmers that work on trading systems. Languages involved there are C and C++, Java, OCaml, Haskell.
    (I should add, I'm currently doing a Finance degree after doing my first career for the last 10 years and getting into trading stocks, it's quite surprising how many finance guys are competent programmers. I also was able to talk to a pretty large trading house, and programming is considered a required skill)

Web work could mean Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, PHP, Java, JS/Node.js, or even something like Clojure or Scala.

If you want to be a code monkey at a large organization then Java or C# gets you there.

If you just want to make money, then become an accountant (easy, decent money) or get into finance (hard, great money).

Simply learning a language or framework won't guarantee a job. As the old saying goes, skills pay bills, languages and such are simply tools.
    Last edited by Mikeb85; January 21st, 2013 at 09:39 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    Ruby on Rails is probably considered the coolest out of what's out there and I see a lot of places that are hiring using it. Personally, everybody I know who started using it loves it.

Another option is Python/Django which is also very popular and is used by many employers.

However I really hope that you love programming and software development not just for the money, because chances are what's popular in the next several years is not going to be the same as now - whether it's a different framework, or the current framework is completely different by then.
    To add to this, Ruby is a great language even without Rails.

It's fantastic for scripting, and building just about anything (unless you need high performance/real time stuff). Anywhere Python is used, Ruby can also be used, and IMO Ruby is a little more flexible and pleasant to work with.

The syntax is nice and intuitive, it's powerful, expressive, adding libraries is incredibly easy, and I just find that anything I want to do in Ruby is trivial compared to other languages, and any feature that other languages 'claim', is generally easy to do in Ruby.