Thread: Evolution asks for Keyring password after upgrade to Hardy

Beans

Evolution asks for Keyring password after upgrade to Hardy

Hallo,

I upgraded to Hardy from Gutsy last week and now Evolution asks for a keyring password when I start it up.

The problem is, I never set up any keyring passwords so I haven't the faintest idea what to type in.

I tried the admin password, and the password for the mailservice itself, but no success.Clicking on the "skip" button makes no difference ( I assume it's "skip", I'm translating from German)

The only way to get rid of the dialog box is to kill it via terminal.

But I can't read any mail now ...

Thanks in advance for any tips

Beans

Re: Evolution asks for Keyring password after upgrade to Hardy

I have the same problem. I have yet to find a solution

Beans

Try this if it could work your case:

Press Alt+F2 and input "gksudo nautilus" (w/o double quote): This will open your nautilus window with you as root. Try to browse the ~/.gnome2/keyrings directory and make a backup copy of it (keyrings folder). (While in YOUR home directory, press Ctrl+H so you can see the hidden .gnome2 folder).

Navigate to System->Preferences->Encryption and Keyrings, on the "Password Keyrings" tab, select login and click "Remove Keyring". Close the windows and logout on your account. Login back and retry your Evolution.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by iaculallad View Post

Press Alt+F2 and input "gksudo nautilus" (w/o double quote): This will open your nautilus window with you as root. Try to browse the ~/.gnome2/keyrings directory and make a backup copy of it (keyrings folder). (While in YOUR home directory, press Ctrl+H so you can see the hidden .gnome2 folder).

Navigate to System->Preferences->Encryption and Keyrings, on the "Password Keyrings" tab, select login and click "Remove Keyring". Close the windows and logout on your account. Login back and retry your Evolution.
    I had same problem. You just need to install libpam-gnome-keyring, and after next evolution password request allow auto password.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by iaculallad View Post

I tried that but my E&K window (in Ubuntu Intrepid) doesn't have that tab (see keyring). Do you have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by screenn View Post
    I had same problem. You just need to install libpam-gnome-keyring, and after next evolution password request allow auto password.
    I already have that installed, and I still get asked to log in every time I fire up Evo (after restarting/logging in, additional launches of Evo in that session don't prompt me for my pwd). Any other ideas?

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 (32 bit) with all of the latest updates from intrepid-proposed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Hi

I have the same problem, after enable autologin everytime i open Evolution it ask me for a key (password)...

I think is beter to disable again autologin