Thread: qtparted problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

qtparted problem

The gui launches but I get an error message about it not detecting any drives. (fdisk sees the drives fine). Anyone know of any bugs/issues I should be aware of?

Beans

Re: qtparted problem

qtparted is more or less unmaintained software by now, 0.4.5 being released in 2005. gparted is highly recommended.
    I cant help you with your problem though. Sorry.
    - "though It seems that I know that I know, what I would like to see Is the I that sees me, when I know that I know that I know" / Alan Watts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

ok, thanks, just wondering. I'd use gparted but I'm on the default KDE desktop, so prefer a qt-based gui. Maybe I'll try Kparted

(edit: guess I won't--kparted can't edit and it's ancient to boot)

DiskDrake will have to do...
    Last edited by logos34; June 20th, 2008 at 02:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Mandriva is a great distro but I had a problem with Mandi 2007. Before it was installed I ran it as a livecd and qtparted showed both drives as unpartitioned space when in fact they had PuppyLinux, Ubuntu and WinXP on them. 2008 did the same thing.
    Since then I have gotten into the habit of using the gparted livecd to set up partitions first and then point the installers to said partitions. Yes, a little more effort but it works for me.
    Old As Dust.