Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New group, Ubuntu Australia

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: New group, Ubuntu Australia

I'm sitting here thinking WTF is everybody talking about? I just realised, its league. Whatever floats your boat.
    blog ~~~ last.fm ~~~ twitter ~~~ digg
    Just so you know, everywhere else on the internet, I am known as mynameistux
    Its just a bunch of 1's and 0's.

Beans
    Hidden!

But I am still an old VFL girl from way back!

Ok on a serious note, I was searching the 'internets' as you do, and found a Townsville based LUG...trouble is there hasn't been much action on both the site or in general and was wondering if anyone out there in ubuntu land knows anything about a Townsville based LUG?

I have a thing for encouraging people to try gaming on Linux both native and Wine based gaming.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    But I am still an old VFL girl from way back!

Ok on a serious note, I was searching the 'internets' as you do, and found a Townsville based LUG...trouble is there hasn't been much action on both the site or in general and was wondering if anyone out there in ubuntu land knows anything about a Townsville based LUG?

I have a thing for encouraging people to try gaming on Linux both native and Wine based gaming.
    g'day. im based in townsville as well. i found the LUG about 12 months ago. the activity is sporadic and intermittent at best.
    i have found all the answers i have needed though here in the fourms.
    there was a linux group as well at the local uni, james cook, but don know if it still runs or not
    Last edited by stinger30au; July 14th, 2008 at 12:54 PM.
    Ubuntu user # 16304 www.nocleanfeed.com
    If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything, don't do it, and don't run any command with rm in it unless you know exactly what you're doing.things i have learnt changing from Xp pro to Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by stinger30au View Post
    g'day. im based in townsville as well. i found the LUG about 12 months ago. the activity is sporadic and intermittent at best.
    i have found all the answers i have needed though here in the fourms.
    there was a linux group as well at the local uni, james cook, but don know if it still runs or not
    this is awesome, people helping each other just because they can, I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

I am what I am because of what we all are

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool thanks for that Stinger

Have a friend who is at JCU..might have to get him to investigate for me lol

Beans
    Hidden!

I cannot believe more Aussies don't talk in here given the amount of people who like to talk in the Aussie based geek forums (and use and talk about Ubuntu there!)

So..yeah..bump!

Beans

Well...how about that weather. What's this thing called "rain"? It's like a shower outside, but it's not warm and i'm not nude (thank god).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

IRC at #ubuntuforums-oz

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345