Thread: Need Help Patching Madwifi

Beans

Need Help Patching Madwifi

Hey all,

I've been having trouble with madwifi and wireless connectivity ever since the -16 to -17 kernel update. It's taken a while for me to figure things out, but I think I've found somewhat of a solution here:

http://madwifi.org/ticket/705

Accordingly, I downloaded the ani_sensitivity_fix_v2.diff patch. However, I have no idea of how to actually apply this patch. Could someone maybe help me out here? Much thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Need Help Patching Madwifi

*bump* for help please

Beans

Alright, one last bump. Please guys, I just need to know what directory to put this in, or what script to run, or what to type into the terminal.

Beans

I have the same problem. Don't know how to use a simple .patch file. I tried looking around online learning about them, but I still dont know exactly how they work. I got one to patch my mac80211 stack, but.. i look for the target file "tx.c" on my computer and cant find it, and don't know how to use the patch

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

never done patches either but simple google returned this http://www.linuxhq.com/patch-howto.html

use the patch coammnd should do the trick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

That patch is either in the kernel or in the madwifi driver. Check the respective sources for that file. Let me know which it is in.