Thread: can i have differant icons on differant workspaces?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

can i have differant icons on differant workspaces?

hi im trying to setup an OS for my car pc and was wanting to use ubuntu mainly for the unity bar and what not but what i was wanting to know is if anyone knows of a way to have different icons on different workspaces kinda like the Ipads are where i could have media programs games on one gps and some kind of obdII scanner on another browser and internet stuff on another ect...

also im going to be useing ubuntu 11.10 for testing but any help would be awesome thanks for looking

also taking any suggestions on a better car pc OS preferably within the linux family
    Hooked on ubuntu

Re: can i have differant icons on differant workspaces?

I have been asking for this for years...but it doesn't seem to generate much interest.

I use different work spaces for different tasks and have specific tools for each task. Being able to add the icons for these workspace specific tools to the appropriate work spaces seems like the logical next step after "naming" my work spaces with task-specific labels.

Now that we have gone from compact icons on work spaces (Gnome-2) to big gaudy cellphone type icons on work spaces (Gnome-3 and Unity) it seems improbable that the issue of compact work defining icons that are specific to workspace names will get any future interest.
    POSIX

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: can i have differant icons on differant workspaces?

well mabye one day someone will figure out something with it until then i guess ill try linuxICE and see how that goes thanks for the response
    Hooked on ubuntu