Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Beans

Re: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    Me neither. I am worried of it being included in ubuntu due to the potential backlash if they don't have enough time to implement transitions and effects.
    My native language is not English, and I haven't quite figured out what you meant by 'backlash'. I've found some translations, but none of them feels right in this context. Could you explain what you mean by backlash?
    I'm Dutch by the way, in case you wondered You might have noticed that by looking at my spelling and grammar...
    Please inform me about my grammar and spelling errors . I'm not only here to learn about Ubuntu/Linux, I'm also here to learn English even better
    Every day I love Ubuntu more

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Goede dag Jarige,
    I like to know where forum members are. Ik ben in 'Van Dieman's land, Tasmania in Australië. Coming back to Europe in May, can not wait ~~ yaaaaaa

'backlash' is the reaction to someone doing something. In this case, I would say, that they are meaning that by making PiTiVi available before more features are in the program might cause some people to criticise the program possibly causing undue frustration for the program supporters and developers.

mountain goat ~ grazing on a warm summers morning ......
    People take existence too seriously and don't take playful existence seriously enough

Beans

Yep, basically what mountain_goat said, and what wikipedia says.

Beans

I'm in the province Overijsel, in the Netherlands
    And thank you for the explanation, I agree with it...
    mountain_goat, where are you going in Europe?
    Please inform me about my grammar and spelling errors . I'm not only here to learn about Ubuntu/Linux, I'm also here to learn English even better

Beans
    Distro

Well I land in Lyon on May 10th, head to the family home in the south of France, then buy a motorcycle and tour about France and visit family in Utrecht,dicht bij der Dom and other parts of the Netherlands, Deventer and Borger near Assen. Will be there in Europe for about 4 or so months, but mostly in France I would say.

Have just bought another laptop, a Dell D420 which is smaller that the large D830 I took with me last year to Europe. With Lucid Lynx Alpha Release (Ubuntu 10.04) installed and working very very well, the D420 is a very light 12" 1024 x 800 screen with a Core Duo processor. I choose to buy this over the latest 10" Atom based netbooks as the D420 is the same weight, but more rugged for the motorbike and with more capacity to do real stuff like editing sound and video, hence my interest in PiTiVi. I haven't been a video enthusiast in the past so this is new to me. I am more skilled in sound recording, and in it's many forms, art, soundscape, live performance recording and so on.

The reason for my interest in this thread is that I will mount my video camera on the motorcycle to record a few of the nice trips through France and then do some basic editing and viewing on the laptop.
    So, I'm playing about now getting ready for it. If you are interested you can see this here, I am 'rockwallaby'

tot ziens
    Paul Alting van Geusau
    Last edited by mountain_goat; January 25th, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
    People take existence too seriously and don't take playful existence seriously enough

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_goat View Post
    Well I land in Lyon on May 10th, head to the family home in the south of France, then buy a motorcycle and tour about France and visit family in Utrecht,dicht bij der Dom and other parts of the Netherlands, Deventer and Borger near Assen. Will be there in Europe for about 4 or so months, but mostly in France I would say.

Have just bought another laptop, a Dell D420 which is smaller that the large D830 I took with me last year to Europe. With Lucid Lynx Alpha Release (Ubuntu 10.04) installed and working very very well, the D420 is a very light 12" 1024 x 800 screen with a Core Duo processor. I choose to buy this over the latest 10" Atom based netbooks as the D420 is the same weight, but more rugged for the motorbike and with more capacity to do real stuff like editing sound and video, hence my interest in PiTiVi. I haven't been a video enthusiast in the past so this is new to me. I am more skilled in sound recording, and in it's many forms, art, soundscape, live performance recording and so on.

The reason for my interest in this thread is that I will mount my video camera on the motorcycle to record a few of the nice trips through France and then do some basic editing and viewing on the laptop.
    So, I'm playing about now getting ready for it. If you are interested you can see this here, I am 'rockwallaby'

tot ziens
    Paul Alting van Geusau
    That sounds really cool! When you end up putting this all together, can you post on YouTube/Vimeo/DailyMotion and post the link here??

Beans

That does sound awesome
    I wouldn't do it, I'm not a traveling person
    I like home, and only go on a holiday during the summer vacations. After two weeks of being in France (that's where most Dutch go on holiday) I'm very glad to be home again... Nothing is more comfortable as your own bed, and nothing tastes as well as home made French fries
    But I'm happy for you Hope I didn't disencourage you by this
    I hope you'll have a good time in Europe.
    One thing; we as Dutch people are said to be very direct in speech, compared to international standards. Therefore other nations may find us rude... Just as you know I don't know whether I'm direct, I can't measure it to many foreign people. Please let me know what you liked and disliked about the Dutch people, I'm very interested in that And the family you've got in the Netherlands, are they born here?

We're going off-topic Are you going to make a full video after the trip? And btw, how old are you?

Beans
    Distro

Thanks guys,
    I think I need to set up a blog site where I can write about my travels and people can follow and see photos.
    I'll try to set something up over the next few weeks and let you know altonbr and Jarige if you're interested in following my travels.

I still have some months before I start, but already I sense time progressing quickly to arriving in France and the beginning of my journey. There is much for me to work on in terms of getting all my gadgetry together as well as practical things as well.

At this stage I plan to take both the small Dell 420 notebook while riding about those gorgeous mountains as well as the Mac Mini Intel Duo which I will use at the family home in France for more serious and fun stuff.
    I will just need to buy another LCD screen for the mac mini when I arrive.

I'll send you a private message Jarige, as I don't want to offend others with off topic talk.

Meanwhile I am happy with what PiTiVi can do for me now. And that is to simply edit sections of recorded film footage by cutting and scrubbing and documenting.

rockwallaby ~ hop hop hop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Its a shame... i love the interface in comparison to kino, and its alot lighter than avidemux, and easier to use...

heres a dissapointing link...

http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/PiTiVi_Love
    When you first dont succeed, google- google again

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CJay554 View Post
    Its a shame... i love the interface in comparison to kino, and its alot lighter than avidemux, and easier to use...

heres a dissapointing link...

http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/PiTiVi_Love
    Why is that a disappointing link? It's there to be motivating, encouraging, and to instill passion on new and potential contributors! (and so far, it does seem to work a bit).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast