Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Well the dissapointing part is that almost all of them are not taken up as projects... =(
    When you first dont succeed, google- google again

Look at it the other way: other projects don't publicly, overtly advertise their weaknesses and provide an easy, concise list of features that new contributors can work on to learn the codebase. It's certainly much less intimidating than looking at the raw list of bugs and feature requests in pitivi.

I think you didn't look closely enough. A couple of them are undertaken by some contributors. But certainly not the majority, that would be a ridiculous expectation. Besides, if they were all being adopted by contributors, well, there would be no point for this list to even exist, since there would be no need.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

well yeah obviously, but pitivi now being added to Ubuntu by default i would think there would be more contributors piling in! i wish i could contribute with the plug-ins :/

as far as programming i wouldn't know where to start looking, i know how to program but not so much implementation
    When you first dont succeed, google- google again

Beans

This was a real show-stopper for me, until today I actually went ahead and tried Pitivi. I realized the basic plugins I was looking for, like fades and annotations are actually doable without any plugins at all. Fades are built in to Pitivi (those red lines at the top of every clip), and for text annotations or other graphics, GIMP PNGs with transparency are accepted perfectly by Pitivi. Also, I am quite impressed by the absence of bugs in the program as compared to Cinerella and Open Movie Editor. So far it hasn't crashed once. Good work, people!

It's nice to hear some positive comments once in a while look forward to the next release. Effects are almost ready in a development branch, and maybe if we're lucky the guy working on titles (what you call "annotations") will finish the job soon, so you won't even have to use GIMP.

There are some annoying bugs with automatic crossfade transitions though (like https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=609792), I hope those can be solved.

Beans

Pitivi seems pretty good but I have to restart it every time I edit my project. I hope it keeps being developed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    It's nice to hear some positive comments once in a while look forward to the next release. Effects are almost ready in a development branch, and maybe if we're lucky the guy working on titles (what you call "annotations") will finish the job soon, so you won't even have to use GIMP.

There are some annoying bugs with automatic crossfade transitions though (like https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=609792), I hope those can be solved.
    glad to be of what little support I can... thanks for your work. Looking forward indeed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I cannot make PiTiVi work in Ubuntu 10.10 (neither in Ubuntu 10.04), when I reproduce the files in the timeline the audio is OK but the video stops. The only way to check what I'm doing is rendering the video after every change, which is a tedious process.
    Sometimes when I add a video it freezes and I have to force PiTiVi to close.
    I have installed all the packages which name starts with gstreamer and I added the PPA to have them updated but nothing improved.
    Any suggestion?

when I reproduce the files in the timeline the audio is OK but the video stops. The only way to check what I'm doing is rendering the video after every change, which is a tedious process. Sometimes when I add a video it freezes and I have to force PiTiVi to close.
    Could you file a bug report instead? (reminder: devs don't read forums. They read what's on bugzilla. I read what's on launchpad and forward it to bugzilla if I can reproduce it)

Your description is a bit incomplete, because I'm not experiencing such problems. Need exact steps to reproduce the problem, output from the terminal or debug logs, if you are using the stock ubuntu versions or if you are using the gstreamer PPA, etc.
    Last edited by kiddo; October 19th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    Could you file a bug report instead? (reminder: devs don't read forums. They read what's on bugzilla. I read what's on launchpad and forward it to bugzilla if I can reproduce it)

Your description is a bit incomplete, because I'm not experiencing such problems. Need exact steps to reproduce the problem, output from the terminal or debug logs, if you are using the stock ubuntu versions or if you are using the gstreamer PPA, etc.

Sorry about my incomplete description, I'm a neophyte in Linux and I have to figure out how to provide a more complete description.
    What I realised is that inUbuntu 10.04, Kino, OpenShot and PiTiVi worked fine but in Ubuntu 10.10 Kino is reproducing the imported videos like 10 times faster, OpenShot suffer from unsynchronised audio/video and the video in PiTiVi just stops. The same is happening in the two computers that I have.
    Last edited by repunante; October 30th, 2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: grammar mistakes

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast