Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Too bad Pitivi isn't supported/developed anymore these days. I was trying kdenlive but it keeps crashing. Pitivi seems to be very simple and I like it's concept: Keeping it simple so it always works. With installing only the plugins you need it would remain simple. I guess without plugins it will remain too simple you can't use it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Too bad Pitivi isn't supported/developed anymore these days. I was trying kdenlive but it keeps crashing. Pitivi seems to be very simple and I like it's concept: Keeping it simple so it always works. With installing only the plugins you need it would remain simple. I guess without plugins it will remain too simple you can't use it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by carstanje View Post
    Too bad Pitivi isn't supported/developed anymore these days...
    This is wrong. The development is quite active

http://git.pitivi.org/?p=pitivi.git;a=shortlog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissss View Post
    The development is quite active
    Cool! This means there is still hope for this project! The development is made on the core of the project. I can't find anything about the plugins on this page. Hopefully there is some development on this part too.

Beans

People should help test the newest version in the PPA

Quote Originally Posted by nachomania View Post
    Where can I get effects and transitions plugins for pitivi? Do they exist?
    Blending, compositing, capture, effects, transitions, and more will be done within the current 0.13.x development release series. More specifically, check out the roadmap: http://www.pitivi.org/wiki/Roadmap

Quote Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
    I'd like to know this as well, and also if there is any way to get more codecs supported by it.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought it would be better than making a new one about the same thing.
    PiTiVi supports every format supported by GStreamer. That's a LOT of formats. What format isn't supported?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@carstanje:

I also pitivi user with ubuntu 9.04, and also in real confusion that has "no dv grab to ieee1394 or raw1394" feature for pitivi althought I can capture directly from webcam on my laptop.

Something about KDENLIVE:
    If you experienced crash with KDENLIVE, you may need to update your kernel. I have tried KDENLIVE with kubuntu 8.04 but with kernel 2.6.27-11 and no more crash (natively that kubuntu 8.04 uses kernel 2.6.24).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I just noticed the PPA was listed recently, so anyone that is interested in running the latest and greatest, here's their PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-dev...s/+archive/ppa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I linked to the latest PPA sources for PiTiVi and installed the latest version of PiTiVi. It is actually stable if not feature rich. I was able to make a movie with photos and music files.

I would love to have transitions and titling capabilities - HOWEVER, the basic features work and is stable.

A big leap forward.
    Finding New Ways to Use Ubuntu to Simplify My Digital Life.
    Linux - The Platform for a New Digital Generation.

Hey folks, long time no post

I just wanted to let you know that PiTiVi, as a project has been very, very healthy in the past few months (thanks to Collabora). It is developing faster than it ever did, and it is starting to become quite rock solid.

Still no transitions and effects, that will come sometime this autumn, if all things go well. In the meantime, it can still do basic editing.

I will publish a brand new website sometime soon (been working on it during the summer), and also create a new release screencast (you can see the "old" release screencast for 0.13.1 here to have an idea of what kind of features we had... 3 months ago! Now we have more than that.)

I am very happy about the way the project is progressing lately.
    See also my presentation of PiTiVi (and why I like this project) in May at LGM 2009, if you are curious.
    Last edited by kiddo; August 5th, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    Hey folks, long time no post

I just wanted to let you know that PiTiVi, as a project has been very, very healthy in the past few months (thanks to Collabora). It is developing faster than it ever did, and it is starting to become quite rock solid.

Still no transitions and effects, that will come sometime this autumn, if all things go well. In the meantime, it can still do basic editing.

I will publish a brand new website sometime soon (been working on it during the summer), and also create a new release screencast (you can see the "old" release screencast for 0.13.1 here to have an idea of what kind of features we had... 2 months ago! Now we have more than that.)

I am very happy about the way the project is progressing lately.
    See also my presentation of PiTiVi (and why I like this project) in May 2009, if you are curious.
    Awesome! Let us know when the new website and screencast is up

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast