Thread: Compiz cuts off bottom of screen

Beans

Compiz cuts off bottom of screen

Whenever I enable Compiz effects (in the Appearance window) the bottom of the screen is cut off (about 1/5 or 1/4)

Basically, when you first do it the strip being "cut off" is invisible, and if you leave it like that and restart it turns the color of your background.

It's the equivalent of gluing a piece of paper over your moniter, everything still functions perfectly under it.

If I turn all the effects back off, it goes back to normal, if I lower the resolution, it goes back to normal. (using a resolution lower than 1280x1024 with my moniter size is out of the question)

Beans

Re: Compiz cuts off bottom of screen

Beans

Bump...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaka View Post
    Whenever I enable Compiz effects (in the Appearance window) the bottom of the screen is cut off (about 1/5 or 1/4)

It's the equivalent of gluing a piece of paper over your moniter, everything still functions perfectly under it.

Do you have a dual monitor setup by any chance? There is a limitation on the maximum resolution with Compiz.

Failing that point, open a terminal (Applications-Accessories-Terminal), then give the following commands and post the output here.
    Code:
    compiz --replace
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."