Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brasero - How to Remove Checksum Feature?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Brasero - How to Remove Checksum Feature?

Quote Originally Posted by felicity View Post
    isaacj87: Thanks but I already tried unchecking the plugins.

Vivaldi Gloria: Hmm, that is strange that it works for you and not me. I tried your good idea for gconf-editor, but unfortunately even when I delete entries from the plugin list, when Brasero is started the plugins are still there, checked, and when I go back to gconf-editor the entries for the plugins have been re-added.

alienexplorers: I might have to resort to gnomebaker if I can't get this figured out. It's not a huge deal, but if Brasero is the default burning program in Hardy I'd like to figure out what this bug, if it is one, is, and how to fix it.
    Doh! Sorry, that'll teach me to pay attention better. I'm going to try something else and I'll get back to you.
    Laptop: [AMD Vision A4-3300M | 8GB RAM | ATI Radeon 6480G | Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit]

Studio Box: [AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 210 | M-Audio FastTrackPro | KXStudio 11.04 64-bit | 2.6.31-rt14-custom | KDE 4.6.5]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

isaacj87: It's OK no problem.

I installed GnomeBaker, it's actually nicer than I remembered it being. One immediate thing I liked better in GnomeBaker than Brasero is how it fully integrates the color scheme I use in Gnome; Brasero has that bright white screen when you go to add files to it and I can't stand bright white on my computer screen.. my poor eyes! So I think I'll stick with GnomeBaker for now.

“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic." - Dostoevsky

Beans

the checksum business takes around 5mins on my pc on hardy, the latest edition, that is. Gets there in the end

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I also face the same problem; even though I try to deactivate the md5-related plugins by unchecking the appropriate boxes in the plugin menu, brasero still performs the integrity check and the boxes become checked again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks for the tip on turning of checksums in Brasero.

Someone asked why you would want to do this - my answer: Because the files I'm burning are on a relatively slow remote NFS share, maximum throughput 8 megabytes/sec. Since this is slower than the maximum DVD burn speed, this means that having checksum turned on makes it take twice as long to burn a DVD!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

The checksum for me takes longer than the actual burning most of the time

Beans

I have problem with edubuntu it refuse to play music....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12