Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: how do I make my sansa fuze mp3 player work on ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Arrow Re: how do I make my sansa fuze mp3 player work on ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by darrien View Post
    hey
    follow this link to get a youtube video downloader that converts them to the correct format
    http://www.download.com/YouTube-Downloader/...
    This is a windows program. What exactly does it do?
    What tools/library does it use to convert?
    What parameters (if applicable)?
    What are the specifications of the converted videos that work on your device?

All the best,
    /k

Beans
    Distro

Re: how do I make my sansa fuze mp3 player work on ubuntu?

Beans

Hello all,

Since Iḿ new to ubuntu (and thusfar it has been great) I thought I read all the postings around the Sansa fuze mount problems first and try them out. However there is quite some stuff posted, none of it seems to work with my system
    Here are some details :

• laptop with ubuntu 8.10
    • Sansa Fuze 8Gb, with microSD 8Gb (not loaded at this point)
    • Sansa firm version V01.01.11F

I tried the following:
    -configured the sansa on MSC,
    -tried to use the same usb port were previous memory stick was
    -removed and replaced the package ehci_hcd
    -used lsusb, but nothing shows up
    -updated, according to the Guido tip, file /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-usb-music-players.fdi with id 0x74c[1-3]

nothing works, though the Sansa says itś connected.
    Tried it on windows XP (servicepack 2) : doesn'work either.

Still about a week ago, when I bought it I put one number on it, as to confirm to myself that it wouldn't be difficult... Iḿ lost as to where to look for a solution.

Who could help me ? Thanks!

Autopapa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Seriously guys, havn't you heard? It is near impossible to get videos on your Sansa Fuze. Trust me, i own one and the videos don't work(even with the sansa media converter on Windows), and check out the codec http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=27460 it's gonna be a while till they let you have diff types of video on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I have had no problems with the Sansa Media Converter in Windows, but I have only tried a few movies.

Beans
    Distro

I has a Sansa Fuze. Under System Settings > USB Mode, select MSC. Connect it then.
    If I had a bean for every post in the cafe...
    "Do you pine for the days when men were men and wrote their own device drivers?" - Linus Torvalds

Beans
    Distro

Red face Re: how do I make my sansa fuze mp3 player work on ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsocksman View Post
    Seriously guys, havn't you heard? It is near impossible to get videos on your Sansa Fuze. Trust me, i own one and the videos don't work(even with the sansa media converter on Windows), and check out the codec http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=27460 it's gonna be a while till they let you have diff types of video on it.
    NO ITS NOT!!!!! Using SMC on Windows, if the video is a MP4, then it works FLAWLESSLY. If its not, I use FFMPEG to convert it to that first, then run it through SMC.
    "Do you pine for the days when men were men and wrote their own device drivers?" - Linus Torvalds

Beans

hi, let me mention how i use my fuze with 9.04. it is a v2 8 gb silver fuze. to convert videos, i knew right away it would be a pain to get the format right, so I tried the sansa converter in virtualbox and guess what? no problemo. I can even run my motorola software and use it to type texts on my krzr while converting vids with the fuze plugged in. you have to get the Sun version of virtualbox and not open or whatever version for usb to work. you have to right click the little usb icon on the bottom of the virtualbox window and enable the devices that are plugged in every time. but it sure beats booting to windows or farting around too much with avis. you need more codecs if it doesnt work btw.

I put some tv shows on it, and watched them eating breakfast, and this little player is very adequate.

(firmware version: 02.02.26A... and yeah, can't convert without the player plugged in, which is lame lame lame because it takes hours... bad for my battery, bad for me too cause i like to use it not have it babysit my conversion like DRM or something)
    Last edited by pizpot; September 2nd, 2009 at 12:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro

You don't have to leave the player plugged in while SMC is converting. You can unplug it during the process, and it will keep going. Just make sure you don't unplug it while its copying files over to the player. When it finishes, it will complain about the player not being found, but you can copy the files from the Sansa Media Converter directory in My Documents.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have a sansa fuze, and have both Ubuntu and Windows. And there is software that works in both environments that will properly convert videos to a format playable on the fuze.
    Specifically, you can use Video4Fuze http://code.google.com/p/video4fuze/.
    It just uses mencoder behind the scenes to get the video right.
    However the Fuze also requires a very specific structure for the AVI container format and cannot play the AVI files created using mencoder directly.
    So it also uses fuzemux to remux the video file.
    It works great and is really simple to use.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast