Thread: BASIC Runtime Error Object Variable Not set OpenOffice Writer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

BASIC Runtime Error Object Variable Not set OpenOffice Writer

OS = Hardy Heron v. 8.04

OpenOffice ver. 2.4.0

After using the Wizard to create a FAX template, every time I call the template, I get an error message.

BASIC Runtime Error Object Variable Not set

and have to dismiss the error message. Then the fax template can be used.

This error also opens the OOo Macro Editor and there is some highlighted text, which I suppose is part of the runtime error message.

I had asked about this at the OpenOffice Writer forum and the response was to uninstall Ubuntu's OpenOffice suite and reinstall from the OpenOffice website.

See:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/...p=31597#p31597

My question is: is the response I got reasonable? I trust Debian/Ubuntu and can't think of why uninstalling/re-installing would help. The screenshots of the errors are available at the link to the OOo Forum, above.
    AMD FX-6300, 4gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 1T SATA, GeForce GT710, Canon MB2320 all-in-one

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: BASIC Runtime Error Object Variable Not set OpenOffice Writer

First, I don't know what is causing the error. Nevertheless the option to download a version from OpenOffice site would mean to download a newer version, so that may solve the problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: BASIC Runtime Error Object Variable Not set OpenOffice Writer

Yea, I get that, but can't figure how OpenOffice isn't being kept properly updated by Deb/Ubu in and through the Update Manager "know how". I'm trying to figure out why I was told to remove what Ubuntu supplies and use the other. Thanks.
    AMD FX-6300, 4gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 1T SATA, GeForce GT710, Canon MB2320 all-in-one